News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multiple Domains, One SSL - HELP!

Started by Hammerhead, December 17, 2015, 19:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

I'm trying to set up VM with the intention of using one install for multiple domains using VirtualDomains to change the template and product presentation on-the-fly based on the URL and customer type / target market.

The installation and configuration of both the hosting environment and Joomla/VM has been done with our 'corporate' name.  Now we want to segment our market and present merchandise based on the URL.

For example, in VM we would have three categories
Planes
Trains
Automobiles

So, when a user goes to:
planes.com, they see airplanes in VM and a train style template
trains.com, they see trains in VM and a railroad style template... and so on.

However, when accessing via a domain that is NOT the primary, an SSL warning is triggered because the certificate was cut with the original company name and domain that was used to set up the account, and we can have only one SSL on this plan.  I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to redirect accordingly so that our customers are not put off by the server warnings.

Thanks in advance!

GJC Web Design

in my limited understanding of this you need a Wildcard SSL certificates

Wildcard SSL is the perfect certificate for businesses wants to secure multiple same level sub-domains on single root domain.
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation