News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved] User access rights for changing order statuses

Started by gba, November 17, 2015, 15:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gba

Hello all!

I am strugling creating a user, who has Role 'Manager' and shall be able to change order statuses, only.
Did anyone achieve that?
If yes, using which settings?
Thank you very much for any helpful hint in advance!

Kind regards,
Gerald

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gba

Hi!

Thank you for the link.
I solved it this way:
- Add new user group under 'Manager' and assign user to it.
- In VM ACL for this new group in 'Permissions' enabled: 'Access Administration Interface', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MANAGE_VENDORS'
- In VM ACL for this new group in 'Orders' enabled: 'Access Administration Interface', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_CHANGE_OS'

The problem was: I did not know, that I need also 'COM_VIRTUEMART_MANAGE_VENDORS' permission.

Best regards,
Gerald

Milbo

Thank you for writing the answer.

This is still a bit a miracle that you need that. When you use a singlvendor store, any admin should have the vendorId=1 and should so be able to see all orders.

But in multivendor store it should work so, either you are superadmin, then you can switch the vendorId, or you are just admin, then you get the vendorId=1, except you have already another vendorId.

So it sounds like you have two different vendorids, or your user is just a manger, not admin nor superadmin

When you enable the vmdebug, you should see either
- Active Mainvendor
or
- 'Active vendor ' with id behind, for example 2
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member