News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Stuck after Paypal Login Authorization

Started by breeze, October 28, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breeze

I am running Joomla 3.4.5 and VirtueMart 3.0.6 using One Page Checkout by VirtuePlanet and PayPal payment plugin. When the user (customer) is forwarded to Paypal for payment, they log into paypal and then the right sidee of the paypal screen goes blank (white). How can I trouble shoot this? Any suggestions for a solution to fi? Thanks for any guidance offered.

jenkinhill

Your Virtuemart version is relatively old and known to be insecure, so an update is highly recommeded.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683

Since VM3.0.6 there have been updates to the PP plugin, so check if your issue is fixed after updating - although I have never heard of an issue like you describe before.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Typhoon365

Breeze, does it happen for every customer or just a few ?

We are having some similar issues that some customers are telling us that they are getting a blank screen sometimes in PayPal or the "Pay Now" button they can't click on.   Seems to be happening more frequently over the last month, we are getting a customer every day or two with this issue.    We have reported it to PayPal, they did a test order through our site and worked fine.  PayPal advised us they need screen shots and/or html source code from the customers when it happens for them to be able to investigate further.

But we are have many successful transactions through PayPal also.

breeze

Quote from: Typhoon365 on October 29, 2015, 00:11:51 AM
Breeze, does it happen for every customer or just a few?

After doing additional testing, it seems this issue only occurs with Safari on Mac OS (10.10.x). The problem does not occur with Chrome or Firefox for Mac OS nor does the issue occur with Safari for iOS or Chrome for Android.

We're pretty sure it's a VirtueMart issue and not a PayPal issue. We also tested paypal plugins in with other extensions (JoomDonation and Payment Form) and it worked fine in Safari on Mac. We also disabled the One Page Checkout to ensure that plugin wasn't causing the issue on our site and still we had no luck with Safari for Mac OS.

We will try upgrading VirtueMart and see if that solves it for us. We will post to this thread when resolved to confirm the resolution for other who've encountered this issue. I have a youtube screen capture video showing what's happening... you can click the link below and jump to about the 1:20 mark to see what is happening in Safari for Mac OS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPvGn6eUDDY

GJC Web Design

1. your using a 3rd party OPC

2. have you switched on Paypal debugging to see what is being sent to Paypal?

3. have u tried with the std. VM checkout?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

breeze

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 29, 2015, 15:18:21 PM
1. your using a 3rd party OPC

2. have you switched on Paypal debugging to see what is being sent to Paypal?

3. have u tried with the std. VM checkout?

Yes GJC Web Design. I have tried with the third party plugin enabled and disabled and the problem remains. I have tried with and without the default joomla site templates. The issue remains. When I try other extensions that utilize their own Paypal payment plugins, there is now problem. The problem is exclusive to Virtuemart and occurs only when using Safari for Mac OS.

I did try switching on Paypal debugging but was unable to resolve it that way either.

I have upgraded to VM 3.0.11 and the issue remains.