News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrade from J2.5.x to J3.4.x causes errors in Virtuemart 3

Started by ntm91307, October 26, 2015, 02:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntm91307

Hello;

I downloaded and installed the J2.5/VM3 package using the included vmBeez5 template and created my first eCommerce website.  Everything was coming along nicely until I started testing the Checkout process.  The page I was taken to after I pressed Confirm Order was completely messed up.  All navigation, messages, buttons etc. was displayed as text links on the left side of the screen in almost indiscernible order.  I tried other VM aware templates with the same result.  My final attempt at a repair was to upgrade from J2.5 to J3.4 but instead of fixing my problem I introduced a new one.  Now not only does my Order Confirmed screen out of whack but now I get the following error message on my shop screens:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customfield_price
in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 426

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customfield_value
in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 430

in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 431

I'm pretty sure I know, in general, what I did wrong (I tried to use a major upgrade to solve what was probably a very minor problem) but now I need help on finding the best way to fix it.  I have backups so I can revert to the point just before the upgrade if need be.  Or, if fighting forward is the way to go I'm in.  I do have a good deal of development background and, in time, could probably dig through the code and figure this out.  Trouble is, as always, I don't have the time for that luxury.  I'm hoping this is something someone has experienced and fixed before and would be willing to share the answer.

Here's some of the under-the-hood-details:

Virutemart 3.0.10

PHP Built On    Linux host.mbsscorp.com 2.6.32-573.7.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 22 22:00:00 UTC 2015 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.46
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.6.13
Web Server    Apache/2.2.15
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.4.5 Stable [ Ember ] 22-October-2015 21:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Thank you very much...
Michael

driver_wedge

Have you gone into VM in backend, then Tools>Tools & Migration - then click "Update vm2 order format of customfields to vm3 format", followed by "Remove old vm2 inherited customfields"?

This needs to be done when upgrading from VM2.5 to VM3.

ntm91307

Thought you might have had it there, but no.  My upgrade wasn't from VM 2.5 to 3.x.  It was from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.4.  Nice try though...:)

Anybody else?  This is like the very last thing I need to conquer before I can activate this site.

Anybody at all?
Thank you very much...
Michael

GJC Web Design

QuoteNotice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customfield_price
in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 426

in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 430

in /home/momsfavoritefudge/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 431

these are just notices and won't affect the function of the file .. your error reporting is very high to be showing these

try
error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_CORE_WARNING | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_WARNING );

at the top of that file

plus these line numbers don't correspond to my customfield.php VM3.0.10 .. line numbers are slightly out...  sure your on the latest .. (even try 3.0.11 which is pretty stable in tests)

without a life url to the order confirm mess i doubt anyone can help you
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ntm91307

Thank you for your prompt reply...:)

I've disabled the site but have created a user ID anyone can use to look around:

url: www.momsfavoritefudge.com
   Login: techsupport
   Password: techsupport

I've got payments setup as Sandbox so feel free to beat it up as much as you like.

I'll go look for 3.0.11 and try it.  I've got backups here so no harm, no foul if it doesn't work.

And which file are you talking about putting this code into?
   error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_CORE_WARNING | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_WARNING );

Thanks again....:)
Thank you very much...
Michael

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ntm91307

Thanks for the snippet.....worked like a charm...:)

Now, one last bug to go.....
Thank you very much...
Michael

Milbo

I think you just stumbled over a bug in vm3.0.10, which got fixed in vm3.0.11. Try a normal update to vm3.0.11, so far vm3.0.11 looks more stable than vm3.0.10
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ntm91307

Ah....I feel better...was beginning to think it was me....:)

Working on that update now.  It seems I have to upload the files to a tmp directory before I can update.  Trying the regular package type install gives me the dreaded "error uploading this file to the server" message despite making the well-published changes to the file size and timeout parameters.  Take a little longer but I'm getting there.....:)

Stay tuned.....
Thank you very much...
Michael

ntm91307

Bummer....no help.  Everything is still crammed to the left after pressing Confirm Order.  I've made a couple of screenshots and put them in a Word doc so you can see what I see.  The first page is after pressing Cart.  The second after pressing Confirm Purchase...<brace yourself>.

As you can see those pesky warnings are back again but thanks to my friend GJC Web Design I do believe I have the answer to that.  But what to do about the ugly confirmation screen?

Thanks one and all....
Thank you very much...
Michael

ntm91307

Recap: As suggested I updated VM to 3.0.11 in order to solve what appear to be my final problem before bringing this website live.  From the Cart view press Confirm Order and the presentation is no longer formatted properly.  It's very unstructured (see attachment from previous post for screenshots).  And just to reiterate one piece of info that may or may not be pertinent I started with the Joomla! 2.5/VM 3.x installation package from this site.  I don't recall this being a problem at that time.  I followed the step by step instructions provided by Joomla! and upgraded from J2.5 to J3.4.5 Stable.  This is when I noticed this screen looking this way.

I'm still trying to get this figured out.  Is anyone else out there having this problem?
Thank you very much...
Michael

jenkinhill

Turn off "Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)" in VM configuration/shop

And also turn off PHP notices & warnings. Use the Error Reporting setting in Joomla global configuration/server settings - should work for you.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ntm91307

BULLSEYE!!!  I'd have never thought of that one.

Thank you very much one and all....:)
Thank you very much...
Michael

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ntm91307

Wow...you have been busy...:)  I'll get that installed after I finish tweaking the site and get a full backup.  I'll report any anomalies I find.

One of the fixes I read actually generated a question in my mind.  It's off this topic completely so if you want to shut this down and pick it up somewhere else I get it.

Can/Will VM natively support Bitcoins at some point?  I have a colleague who is extremely excited about Bitcoins and he wants me to incorporate them into my site.  I know there are addons but I generally prefer native....just seems to go more smoothly for me.

Your thoughts?
Thank you very much...
Michael