getting error email- An error with your payment method paypal on your store

Started by rajeevvishva, May 21, 2015, 04:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajeevvishva

An error with your payment method paypal on your store JasonShop. The details are logged in the file paypal.1.log.php

i am getting this email... before some days its working fine i created some sales... but last night i got 2 emails that maintain this text... anyone help please

lindapowers

I get this randomly, maybe 1 or 2 each month or 2 months. I never really found the logic behind or why it could happened so didnt post it.

When this happens paypal orders which are actually payed remain pending in vm.

crlanier

Any word on this? I've got a client that upgraded to VM 3 from VM 2 about 2 months ago and now suddenly 2 of her customers received the following:

> Hello,
>
> An error with your payment method authorizenet on your store .... The details are logged in the file authorizenet.1.log.php
>
> . The VirtueMart Team

Thing is, neither customer has bought anything from her since 2013.

Ideas?

favdes

Hello everyone,

We've just been having this problem and I believe we have now resolved it.

The error message in the paypal.x.log.php was: ERROR IPN notification with invalid amount or currency or email: Array

For us, the error appears to have been fixed by changing the 'Payment Currency' to 'British Pound' in 'Virtuemart' | 'Payment Methods' | 'PayPal' - 'Configuration' tab

Give it a go and let me know if it works for you as well.

Kind regards

James

jromano

Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
php 7.0.28
VM 3.2.12
Authorize.net AIM plugin: 3.12.2

In email I got a couple of
"An error with your payment method authorizenet on your store XXX. The details are logged in the file authorizenet.12.log.php" emails.

The log file mentioned has no ERROR lines in it and the date/time of the email was sent does not match any log file lines or orders at authorize.net or on the VM site itself.  -- FYI it would be nice if the email it sent mentioned the order number.

It is new use of VM 3.12.2 and there seem to be no other symptoms.  All payments have been processed fine.

Any ideas as to the reason for these emails and/or how I can figure them out?

Thanks,
John Romano

skueppers

Quote from: crlanier on May 30, 2015, 23:37:43 PM
Any word on this? I've got a client that upgraded to VM 3 from VM 2 about 2 months ago and now suddenly 2 of her customers received the following:

> Hello,
>
> An error with your payment method authorizenet on your store .... The details are logged in the file authorizenet.1.log.php
>
> . The VirtueMart Team

Thing is, neither customer has bought anything from her since 2013.

Ideas?

A few months ago, I came upon this thread when I was trying to solve this issue. Some random customers on our site were receiving these notices, and it took a while to figure out why. (Then it took a while for me to register for the Joomla Forums so I could follow up on this thread...)

It turned out that who receives these messages is determined by the "Receive System Emails" setting in the Joomla User Settings. We think one of our staff had accidentally turned that setting on for a few customers, not understanding that it would cause the customer to receive debugging/warning type messages.

I hope this is of help to others!