News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Parts list articles

Started by Fxrdi, May 02, 2015, 23:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fxrdi

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, I found a lot of helpful information but now I would highly appreciate your help. I did a web search but unfortunately I could not find the information I was looking for.

Is it possible to create parts list articles?

"Product C" consists of "Product A" and "Product B", so if the customer buys "Product C" the stock of "A" and "B" decreases as well.

For Example:
Product A = Chair
Product B = Table
Product C = Table + 2 chairs

I had a look at "VM Product Builder" and "Product Bundle" from Breakdesgins, unfortunately, this does not cater to my exact needs. "Product C" is actually a full product, so if added to cart it is just one position, not just the parts included, therefore you cannot actually delete one chair, if quoting the abovementioned example.

Maybe there are extensions, or it is possible via customs fields?

I am currently using VM3.0.7 on J!3.4.1.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ferdi

Fxrdi

I am sorry for the bump, but does nobody have any ideas?

Do not take the example too literal, it should just make it a little easier to understand my exact issue.

Thanks.

Fxrdi

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping I was outlining my issue well enough. I do not want to implement bundles, especially as all the extensions I found, just throw a bunch of articles in the shopping cart separately, but a product that when checked out lowers the stock of the products it consists of. I manufacture some products I offer myself. They get assembled as soon as it is ordered, but the customer can also buy all the single parts himself aswell, if he wants to, so to make it clear and easy for the customer, the most elegant way imo would be to just have him add one product, not all the single parts (+ maybe position "assembly"), which could get confusing if he decides to get single parts as well as an assemled product.
But I guess I will have to do a workaround like in the pizza thread.