News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vm2->vm3 and joomla2->joomla3 upgrade problems

Started by 4est, March 06, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4est

Hello

I can't seem to solve my problems:
after disabling all my 3rd party extension I finally managed to sort of upgrade joomla2 to joomla3 and vm2 to vm3
I first upgraded vm2 to VirtueMart3.0.6.2_Joomla_2.5.28-Stable-Full_Package.zip
then I upgraded joomla2 to joomla3
then installed com_virtuemart.3.0.6.2_extract_first.zip

Homepage is set to virtuemart categories and WORKS
SOME products WORK, some DO NOT - I solved this by editing the product and just SAVING (without modifying anything)

I can't solve this apparently simple problem:  I can't view articles

I get Fatal error: Class 'shopFunctionsF' not found in /home/gpsro/public_html/new/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.php on line 80
Here is the link that's generating the error:  http://g-p-s.ro/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=59
In fact all article links generate the same error

What does virtuemart has to do with simple joomla articles?

jenkinhill

Unpublish the products module from the joomla article pages to prevent that error.

Your description of the upgrade path does not make sense to me.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

4est

you are on the right path
The problem is that I do not see any products module in module manager
I do however see it in extension manager
I am attaching screenshots

what doesn't make sens in the upgrade path?
I duplicated the live site to the "new" subfolder, from where I am running it using a different database

thanks

later edit:  I found that I have to press "new" to see the module. save or save&close do not work, I am working on that, but I no longer belive this is the cause of my problems

4est

Solved by unpublishing VM - Best sales module. It turns out it's using mod_virtuemart_product.php

I still can't modify modules because SAVE does not work though

later edit: solved the SAVE and SAVE&CLOSE by clearing browser and joomla cache

GJC Web Design

Quotewhat doesn't make sens in the upgrade path?

QuoteI first upgraded vm2 to VirtueMart3.0.6.2_Joomla_2.5.28-Stable-Full_Package.zip
then I upgraded joomla2 to joomla3
then installed com_virtuemart.3.0.6.2_extract_first.zip

if it worked fine but un-nesscesary

just upgrade VM2 to Vm3.0.6.2 + the same version AIO
then J2 to J3

finish
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nelutudor

Hi,
My name is Ioan I have a site on joomla 2.5 and I made an update to virtuemart 2.0.6 to the last version. Everything it's ok but in the new version when I add a product in a cart it not appear in the page cart. Anyone can help me?

thanks a lot
Ioan 

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum