News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 3.0.6.2 problem with multilingual store

Started by vis18neu, March 04, 2015, 18:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vis18neu

We've just upgraded a multilingual store to VirtueMart 3.0.6.2 on Joomla 3.4.0. After the upgrade our store is recognizing only primary language and does not show English translation of categories and products (title, description, etc.) any more - instead it shows Error 404. It was working without the problem before the upgrade. All Joomla and K2 articles are properly exchanging the language, this is happening only to VM store. What could be the problem?

lindapowers

Happens exactly the same to us, did you find a solution?

trifanfan

Hiya,

The same to me. I am trying to set up virtuemart 3.0.6.2 with Joomla 3.4 to swap older Joomla 2.5 and VirtueMart 2.6.10.
I am not upgrading. Directly setting up a new multilingual e-commerce site.

With only one language it works well but when I try to set up multilingual then I lose all the categories and products already present - categories and products lists become empty.
Then I can create new categories but unable to create new product.

If I clear the languages added to get back to only one language then I see again my categories and products which disappeared and I can add new products and categories.

If someone can help me thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

lindapowers

Sorry I'm in the same situation as you, completely lost. There are issues in multilingual shops posted by users here and in the development section, specially with recent j 3.4 and 3.4.1 versions.

I literally check an old copy of j.25 with translations working but in version 3 with the same structure we only get to show the default language, the additional languages lead to 404.

As vision says this only happens with vm pages, the rest works perfectly.

Studio 42

fredmeister

I'm having the same issue.  I even upgraded to 3.0.7 with the same results.

Everything works fine when in English (en-GB).  If I change the site language to French (fr-FR):
- there are no categories/products/manufacturers displayed to the end user
- all categories/products/manufacturers entered in VM disappear from the backend as well (as if nothing was ever entered).

Anybody found a fix for this?

jjk

Quote from: fredmeister on May 14, 2015, 20:52:21 PM
Anybody found a fix for this?
Is your website a brand new one or did your bilingual VM shop work with older versions of Joomla and VirtueMart? Which Joomla version do you use?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

fredmeister

It's a new site.  I'm using Joomla 3.4.0

Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

jjk

If your site is new, it's probably a configuration problem somewhere. You should check for example things like:
- http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/multilingual-store/99-multilanguage-setup.html (written for earlier versions, but still valid)
- check with phpmyadmin if you your product descriptions are stored in the correct database tables. For example in xxxxx_virtuemart_products_fr_fr
- use JCE as an editor when you do translations. Others don't work.
- start with or update to Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.9 -> http://virtuemart.net/community/download-virtuemart
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

fredmeister

Thank you for your help.

It turns out that products/categories/manufacturers were created prior to language packs (Joomla and VirtueMart) being installed.  Because of that,  it's as if the "link" between the languages was not done.

The fix was, while still in the default (English) language, to enter each product/category/manufacturer, select the French language from the drop down (top left) then save.  After dong this to all entries in VirtueMart, we then changed the default site language to French.  It was a long and repetitive task but it works properly.

Thanks again.