News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to resume order not payed with paypal?

Started by Marttyn, February 21, 2015, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marttyn

Hi!
Ive noticed that if a user select Paypal as payment method, if then he forgot or takes to much time to finish payment on the paypal site, then the payment is cancelled by paypal website.
The order remains as "pending" (if i remember correctly).
And i cant find a way to tell the client how to finish the order. The only possible way is to tell him my paypal address and guide him through the paypal website to make a manual money transfer. Other option is to start again the order.
None of this options seems to be very elegant. And ive seen many websites that if user didnt pay, there is an option to resume payment for this order.
Is any solution for this?
Thank you very much!

Marttyn

Thanks Valerie!
Last week ive spent 100€ on a better invoicing solution, and a better checkout page. Im fine paying for extensions that improve the VM basic functions. But im not very keen on paying vary basic functionality. Its hard to believe that VM dont have an option to finalize an order by default, and i have to buy an extension to do this :(

AH

QuoteAnd i cant find a way to tell the client how to finish the order. The only possible way is to tell him my paypal address and guide him through the paypal website to make a manual money transfer. Other option is to start again the order.

We utilise paypal's - "PayPal Virtual Terminal"

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phone

Maybe this is not available in your region?
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Marttyn

Hey Hutson!
Thanks for the refference. That option is available in Spain. Although 15€ monthly for the service is quite excesive. They are already ripping me 3.4% + 0.35€ per transaction!

I think implementing a way to finalize payment integrated on VM would be a good solution :)
Meanwhile ill be guiding my lost customers to the manual paypal money transfer...

AH

Marttyn

At a certain level the paypal account you have may be the Payments Pro

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant

In the pro version (you have a monthly fee to pay)  But you get the virtual terminal access included.

If you have this type of Paypal Account  you can use VM's integrated hosted payments pro solution -

This opens a (iframe) card payment window directly on your site without having to jump to paypal (so you do not have to go through a costly PCI compliance test)  - this looks a lot more professional IMHO.
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Marttyn

Here in Spain i can go to my bank and ask for a payment gateway, they charge me 18€ per month, but the transaction fee is only 0.75%... and if you negotiate you may get 0.5% or lower rate. There is no need for compilance they give you their gateway.
You can get Stripe, that is embedded on you website and give you a gateway that looks like its part of your site. Lower fees, and no monthly bills, only need a SSL certificate (5 or 10USD per year?). Paypal benefits they has monopoly over internet payments, so they charge what they want.

Anyway, that is not the point :)
Even with Paypal Pro i would have the same problem with the pending orders, right? I will have to manually send a payment for them to fill.
I think i will buy the extension Valerie suggested me... I still think this should be part of virtuemart core, but its not...

AH

Yes i know a couple of providers sistema4b and sermepa (redsys) worked on a project in Spain with sistema a few years back

QuoteEven with Paypal Pro i would have the same problem with the pending orders, right?

Correct

The advantage using the virtual terminal is that you would immediately take the payment using virtual terminal (so the customer has to just give you their card details) 

Then you manually set the order as confirmed in VM admin.

The plugin is (of course) cheaper than a Business paypal pro account
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Marttyn

User giving me his credit card information? I dont think that is compilant with nothing... I dont even think asking for that to a client, as well as i would not give it to store owner asking for it.

Plugin updates automaticaly the order status, as well as its safer and instant for the customer.

Probably if i check the paypal payment plugin i can get the needed code to implement the payment for a pending order. I would even share hoping future implementation in VM, but now i dont have the time to do it, so i will just pay to get it :(

AH

QuoteUser giving me his credit card information? I dont think that is compilant with nothing... I dont even think asking for that to a client, as well as i would not give it to store owner asking for it.

PCI compliance will depend on how your business handles the card data given to you.

You can be compliant when using the Virtual terminal - if you could not be compliant, as you said, there would be no point in PayPal offering such a service.

FYI - for anyone else reading this thread.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/

Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Marttyn

Thanks Hutson!
PCI compilance is a difficulto topic. Thanks for sharing the info!