Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

VM: 3.0.2
Joomla: 3.3.6
MySQL: 5.5.40
PHP: 5.3.29
VM Template: Transform
Live site: http://lemcoseals.com

Yesterday, I upgraded from VM 3.0.2 to VM 3.0.4.  I did a backup with Akeeba before doing the actual update, then today, I restored the backup and went back to VM 3.0.2.

Everything seemed good after the update, but then I attempted to do a test order.  When I clicked the Check Out Now button, a message came through telling me to Confirm Purchase, which is normal, but every time I clicked the Confirm button, a message would pop up saying:  Message "Invalid data entered", but everything looked perfect to me.

I'm willing to update again to VM 3.0.4 as there are many compelling reasons to do so.  I wanted to write this message yesterday when had 3.0.4, but I wasn't sure how long it would take for someone to get back to me and I wanted to  prove it (in my mind at least) that it was the update that caused the problem.  With 3.0.2 back in there, it's working without any issues. The main reason I'm writing now is to let people know I had a problem with the update.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Bill

GJC Web Design

can't say I've ever seen that error and we have been testing vm3 for weeks

did u try with a base template?

try 3.0.6 which was released tonite  http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/903/com_virtuemart.3.0.6_extract_first.zip
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Bill

GJC,

Thank you for answering me right away and for telling me about the update. I now have VM 3.0.6 installed and it did solve the problem I was having in the cart, but now there's a new problem.  When I click Product Details on an item, I'm not able to change the quantity that I want to add to the cart.  It defaults to 1, but when I click the little up arrow, it changes to "Na" and I can't do anything else with it.

I will go through everything more thorough tomorrow morning and will check back here.  The button error seems like it would be easy to fix, but if not, I can always go back to 3.0.2.

Thanks again,

Bill

tomaa

I have the same issue!
It is not possible to change quantity in product detail view.

jenkinhill

Quantity change works fine for me on VM3.0.6 using VM default templates. Test using Beez to see if it is related to your template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Bill

Hi Kelvyn,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I was able to load the Protostar template to test with it and it worked fine. The template I have been using is "Transform" from http://virtuemarttemplates.net/. I will contact their support team and open a ticket with them.  Do you have anymore suggestions?  Until this gets fixed, I have reverted to VM 3.0.2.

Thanks again,

Bill   :)

Bill

Hello,

I didn't even realize it at the time, but one of the benefits of using a VirtueMart template is that they update their templates about the same time VM releases an update. At least this time they did. When I visited their site I was surprised to find they had already updated my template and had a download there waiting for me, so now I'm running VM 3.0.6 and everything is working! 

I'm happy and would like to thank the VirtueMart team for a job well done.  Years ago, I worked with VM 1.1 and it's a night & day difference between then and now. I really can't say enough about how much I like VirtueMart and how clean and professional it is. Great job! 

Thanks again,

Bill  :) :)     

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

has http://virtuemarttemplates.net/ anything to do with (officially I mean) virtuemart.net?

the site hasn't a single address and the domain name holder is obscured
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

Bill

GJC,

I have asked myself the same question and wondered if they're affiliated. I will say that all of their templates come bundled with Virtuemart. They have what they call "quickstart" which is based on the same idea as RocketTheme's Rocket Launcher. You deploy it by restoring an Akeeba Backup which they provide. If you look at the demos of their templates, they are fully functional sites with Virtuemart already built-in and configured. The quickstart option is a duplicate of their demo site. In a matter of a few minutes you can have a whole site up and running and all you have to do is add your products and make some tweaks.

This is starting to sound like I work for them, but I don't, I just like the concept. Their templates are nice, they're inexpensive and the ones they released in the past year are all responsive.

A year ago, I tried another company with the same kind of product, but the first update from VM caused problems and they told me their template was made for the previous version of VM and that I should go back to that.  :( That's one of the things that impressed me about virtuemarttemplates: I believe it was the same day that VM 3.0.6 was released, they had an update for it.

Bill

jenkinhill

No they are not associated with VirtueMart. That became apparent when a user of oner of their templates tried to get support from them but could not get satisfaction or find anyone to contact. So changed to another template. In the UK it is illegal to sell a product and not supply full contact information.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Bill

Kelvyn,

That's really a shame, because I think they sell an excellent product at a reasonable price. In their defense, once you buy one of their templates, you get access to their support through a ticket system. I have no problem with that, because you know that they're going to answer you within 24 hours. I'm in the US, so the time difference throws me off a little.

They do clearly say in their support department that they don't offer support for VirtueMart questions. They leave that up to this forum. They sell templates and that's what they support. If someone buys one of their templates and starts asking VirtueMart questions, they're not going to get very far. I only contacted them once and they got right back to me. The outcome was that I had already figured out the problem before they got back to me. In their response, they asked for a login to my site. I didn't need them afterall, but nonetheless, they showed me they were interested in helping. I came here because I thought I had a VirtueMart problem, but the way it turned out, it was a template problem. I learned something from this and I know what I have to do next time.

I'm not here to defend virtuemarttemplates, but I'll say again that they have a good product and I think they're worth looking into.

Bill

AH

I too would be wary of using a template from an organisation that is anonymous

Who knows what might be in their code? 

As for offering a VM pack and template and then not supporting it - that too is an interesting proposition!

As per Jenkinhill - I would steer clear
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

My only take on this is ( and I'm happy you have had a good experience with them) is why not show on their website who you are and where you come from etc?
Surely this builds trust and sells more templates?

Even their server ip address is obscured and appears to be served thru a Canadian proxy service - why?
All their pricing is in Euros - so one would assume they are EU based and should be abiding by EU e-commerce laws which are very strict..
GJC Web Design

Bill

Hey Guys,

I wrote to virtuemarttemplates.net and asked them to look at this thread. I'm hoping they will respond in some way and hopefully answer some of your questions. My concern is that they're being bashed for no good reason. Maybe they have done things a little different, but I don't believe they should be treated so harshly. To insinuate they're hiding malicious code in their templates sounds bit absurd to me.

If you owned a software company, would you want to be talked about the same way? What triggered this disbelief? I did a search in this forum on virtuemarttemplates.net and this thread came up and another one from 2013 in which the forum member was praising them.

I'm a little disgruntled, because I feel they have a good product that could help a lot of people who visit this forum. It seems funny that I would take this so personally, because I'm not the type of person to get up on a soap box. There's too many bad things going on in the world right now and I see a small software company that's trying to make things better for people like me that might find it a daunting task to set up a shopping cart from scratch. Using one of their templates, with everything preconfigured, took away a lot of the stress for me. I just want to have a shopping cart. Nothing more.

Thank you for being patient with me,

Bill  :)