News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Current Shopper Can Be Changed By Anyone

Started by bsntech, February 17, 2015, 19:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsntech

VirtueMart version 3.0.2 and Joomla version 3.3.6.

In the Configuration -> Checkout, the "Allow Administrators to change the current Shopper" is checked.

However, the option to change the shopper is shown for ANYONE.  I used a different computer - that I have never logged into the website - and the option to change the shopper still showed up on the checkout screen.

Screenshot is attached that shows that no one is even logged in (since it is asking for username and password) - but yet the "Change Shopper" option appears below that with the drop-down menu of shoppers.

Don't know if anyone else is seeing a lot of problems with VirtueMart 3.0.2 - but it seems completely littered with issues.  I was using VirtueMart 2.5 perfectly fine.

bsntech

After updating to Virtuemart 3.0.4, the Change Shopper box still is there, but now in the drop-down, it says "Select an Option" and there is no customers in there.

That certainly is a good start - although that entire option shouldn't show up unless an admin is logged in.  I can see it confusing customers.

jenkinhill

Either you have a template override that needs updating for the current versions or you have misconfigured Joomla's ACL to give shoppers some admin rights.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bsntech

Only ACL changes were made in the VirtueMart side.

I gave the "Administrator" group "Allowed" access to all items in VirtueMart.

Double-checked the Guest and Public groups and they are set with Inherited - and they show the Calculated Setting as "Not Allowed".

gabrielperez77

Hi. I have same issue. Using Joomla 3.4.0 and Virtuemar 3.0.4.
Did you fix it?