News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Related products placed horizontally

Started by mosdata, February 15, 2015, 00:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mosdata

I noticed that related products and categories appear vertically, I would like to have placed horizontally.
Can someone help me?  :-[

Joomla 3.3.6
Virtuemart 3.0.4
php 5.5 and 5.4 (I tried with 2 versions)

Regards
Hernan

GJC Web Design

obviously not without a live url .. css is over riding the layout somewhere
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mosdata

Now Im getting my related products ok, in a row, an centered de image and de tittle.

I put at template css file at the end:

.product-field,product-field-type-R{width:25%!important; float:left!important; text-align:center;}
.product-field-display a img{display: block;margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;}

I thought someone else might benefit.
Thanks and Regards,

Hernan

tecnocoppe

Hello

I tried the solution you suggested, but I will form a new problem on the detail page of the product, in practice, it upsets all the formatting on the custom fields

perhaps not insert the two lines suggested by you in the right position?
I insert the row 243 and 244 (and I do not know if this changes anything)

I attach two pictures that I hope are clear

Thank you all for your attention and I apologize for my bad English usage

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Geppux

Same problem as Tecnocoppe... I solved to place the related.product horizontally but the layout of the custom field is gone... I think I have to assign a new class to the related products and change the values in my custom.css file but I tried without success, can somebody helps me?
Thank you, bye.
Giuseppe

VM 3.0.12
J 3.4.8

PRO

Quote from: Geppux on February 18, 2016, 18:12:32 PM
Same problem as Tecnocoppe... I solved to place the related.product horizontally but the layout of the custom field is gone... I think I have to assign a new class to the related products and change the values in my custom.css file but I tried without success, can somebody helps me?
Thank you, bye.
Giuseppe

VM 3.0.12
J 3.4.8

you cannot do just this

.product-field,product-field-type-R{width:25%!important; float:left!important; text-align:center;}
.product-field-display a img{display: block;margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;}

You have to be specific to the related products div.

.product-field-type-R{width:25%!important; float:left!important; text-align:center;}
.product-field-type-R a img{display: block;margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;}

Geppux

Geppux

Great Pro, it seems working perfectly, thank you.
Giuseppe