News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Unable to write entry" message upgrading to VM3

Started by akerd, December 14, 2014, 20:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akerd

Hi guys, this is my first post. I am trying to test locally the update from VM2 to VM3 on a Joomla 2.5 installation.
The version of VM installed is 2.6.12.2.

I have downloaded the zip "com_virtuemart.3.0.2_extract_first" and unzipped on a local folder.

Now, when I go in Joomla Management Extension Page and I try to load and install the package "com_virtuemart.3.0.2.tar.gz" I receive a generic error "Unable to write entry".
I am bit lost at this point, do you have some suggestions? What could be the cause of this problem?

Thank you in advance for any support

jenkinhill

If you are on localhost and you do not have the ability to untar then you may see that.  You could unpack the tar.gz, put it in the temp directory and then install from there or m aybe zip the files and try with the zip.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

akerd

Thank you very much for the support. I did as suggested and that worked.

The update process have been completed with few errors:

vmError: updateCustomfieldsPublished migrateCustoms Unknown column 'is_input' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `DianaGoroup_virtuemart_customs` SET `field_type`='S',`is_cart_attribute`=1,`is_input`=1,`is_list`='0' WHERE `field_type`='V'
vmError: updateCustomfieldsPublished migrateCustoms Unknown column 'is_input' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `DianaGoroup_virtuemart_customs` SET `is_input`=1 WHERE `field_type`='M' AND `is_cart_attribute`=1
vmError: updateCustomfieldsPublished migrateCustoms Unknown column 'is_input' in 'where clause' SQL=UPDATE `DianaGoroup_virtuemart_customs` SET `layout_pos`='addtocart' WHERE `is_input`='1'

jenkinhill

Under Tools use the "Install or if necessary update tables " function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

akerd

Thanks again, I have other minor problems, but I will open a dedicate topic in case.