News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Error install VM3 to Joomla 3.3.6

Started by kerryrk, November 30, 2014, 09:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryrk

I am experiencing problems installing VM3 to a test Joomla 3.3.6 site. I have tried two approaches,....

Attempt 1
I copied all the virtuemart_ tables across form a Joomla 2.5 site to my test site as well as images\stories\virtuemart

Try install the core file and got the following error:
"An error has occurred.
1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `dev_virtuemart_adminmenuentries` CHANGE COLUMN `id` `id` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST
Return to Control Panel"

I tried the ALTER Table with AUTO_INCREMENT and a reinstall but that did not work; same error as previous.

Attempt 2
I upgraded the Jommla 2.5 site to VM3 without a problem.

I then moved the tables and the folder images\stories\virtuemart to Joomla 3.3.6 site and tried to install VM3 core files and got an error as before:

"An error has occurred.
1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `dev_virtuemart_adminmenuentries` CHANGE COLUMN `id` `id` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST
Return to Control Panel"

It would appear I need to copy something else across to the new site, but I cannot work out what it is.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Kind regards
Kerry

jenkinhill

You can't just copy the 2.x db tables across to 3.x, as there is a slightly changed structure.
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/installation-migration-upgrade/198-upgrade-virtuemart-2-to-virtuemart-3.html

Beat way to update is to make a working copy/clone of the old site, update VM on that copy and then update that same site to J3.x  I have done this several times now with no problems. The only proviso is that any 3rd party plugins used for VM must be VM3 and J3.x compatible.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kerryrk

Thanks I understand that.

My situation is that we have built a new site in Joomla 3 and the only thing left to be done before going live is to get VM working.

I can easily clone a Joomla 2.5 test site and install VM 3 which is what I have done, and that worked successfully.

I could then update that to Joomla 3.x as you suggested.

Now that is all done and working, how to I get the updated VM data across to my new site?

Is it ok to copy all the VM sql tables and the stories folder?

Or is there something else that needs to be done.

The site is ready to go and I cannot revert back to the original Joomla 2.5 site as there has been extensive change and modifications made.

Will that work?

If not the fall back will be to install VM3 fresh on the site and set up the shop etc from scratch, which I was trying to avoid.

jenkinhill

In both sites run the same VM version and the same Joomla version then yes, you can copy the VM db tables, images directory and any overrides you use across. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum