News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Kitchen information and online kitchen store - please critique!

Started by DownUnder, October 21, 2005, 11:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownUnder

G'day,

I have been developing a kitchen information and online kitchen store for about a year now.
This is my first attempt at web design so please forgive me if it is a bit 'all over the place'. It is still under construction but I had to put it up so the major search engines could index it.
I know Virtuemart has a great community of people eager to help, so could you please tell me where I can improve on my site. http://renomart.com.au

Cheers,
DownUnder

Eiteall

The first thing i noticed was the google adds section, you are giving over prime property to other peoples store links.

I also found i had to spend a long time tring to find your products and store categories, this should be made more obvious either graphically or through typography.

pgreen

QuoteThe first thing i noticed was the google adds section, you are giving over prime property to other peoples store links.

I had exactly the same thoughts. Visitors expect the navigation in the left column. You invite your visitors to visit other people's website whereas the links to your own store are hard to find.

DownUnder

Yep, I know. My cabinet business is only localised for the Sydney metropolitan area. My target market is pretty well defined so my competitiors ads dont bother me (if they did I could block their ads from showing).

However, I get visitors from all over the world (looking for kitchen information) so they would'nt be buying my kitchens (they would be crazy!). It is from these people that I make Adsense income  :)

Thank you for the replies