News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

is there any update to Integrate Joomla and VirtueMart Search?

Started by abindai, September 11, 2014, 22:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abindai

as Cosmonaut post before --> http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=71839.0
i had install "vmxsearch.plugin" but it didnt work, also had try "plg_vm2x_search plugin" same result. Any update about Integrate Joomla and VirtueMart Search?
i want vm search engine include searching joomla article.

i"ll appreciate any advice. Thank you

jjk

The link to Cosmonaut's post is related to old outdated versions of Joomla and VirtueMart. A plugin for those will not work in current versions of Joomla/VirtueMart.

If you are using Joomla 2.5.24 and VirtueMart 2.6.10, the search plugin should work. It is included when you install VirtueMart. All you have to do is to go to Joomla administration > Extensions > Plug-In Manager and filter for Select type 'Search' in the dropdown list. Then publish 'VM - Search, Virtuemart Product'. This will add the 'Search Products' option to the Joomla search.

If you are using Joomla 3.3.3 and VirtueMart 2.9.9b, the procedure is the same as above, but there currently is a missing line the file yourdomain\plugins\search\virtuemart\virtuemart.php

Around line 90 you will see this code:
if (!class_exists('VmConfig')) {
require(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . DS . 'components' . DS . 'com_virtuemart' . DS . 'helpers' . DS . 'config.php');

To solve the issue, add the following line between those two lines:
defined('DS') or define('DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

In case of Joomla 3.3.3 this is necessary, because the define for DS has been removed in Joomla 3.x.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

abindai

Thank you very much
i had update the virtuemart & follow your instruction. It's just like what i need. Thank you very muchhh

kmeyer

Hello jjk, could you point me in the right direction please? I am using Joomla 3.3.6 and VM 3.02, when I follow your directions to publish the VM - Search plugin, I don't find one listed. Has this been removed or moved in VM 3?  I added your code to define DS in ...\plugins\search\virtuemart\virtuemart.php.

I have the VirtueMart Search Module enabled, and that works fine to search my products, I also have Joomla Search enabled, which works fine to search through my non-VM content, but I would like to have a single Search box that returns results both from my VM products and from the non-VM content on my site.

jjk

@kmeyer
You will find the 'VM Search Plugin' when go to 'Extensions > Plugin Manager > Filter: Select Type > Search. The plugin's name is 'VirtueMart Product'. In the plugin settings choose your desired options and enable the plugin. It adds VM products to the Joomla search.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations