Cannot create / edit products. Page not loading properly in Admin [SOLVED]

Started by likrish, August 14, 2014, 15:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

likrish

Hi, any help on this GREATLY appreciated!

I have recently installed Virtuemart 2.6.6.

Everything was working fine until I edited the price on a product.

Now when I attempt to add or edit products in admin, the product page displays only menu items as an unordered list without any styling for either virtuemart or joomla.
I have attached a screen shot of what I see. I enabled error reporting and debugging but get no output. I also increased PHP memory limit but this also had no effect.

Also, there is no content between the <head> tags when viewing the source.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Looks like an installation error. Re-install VM2.6.6 main and AIO component over the top of the current install using Joomla's extensions installer. You won't lose any of the data you have already entered.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

likrish

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 14, 2014, 18:26:54 PM
Looks like an installation error. Re-install VM2.6.6 main and AIO component over the top of the current install using Joomla's extensions installer. You won't lose any of the data you have already entered.

Thanks for the prompt reply... This is what I thought, however the install has worked perfectly well for weeks before today. All I did was update a price on a product and since then no ability to add or edit products.

Since I created this post, I have also noticed that the shop configuration page is showing the sames symptoms.

That said, I have attempted to re-install VM and have also tried running a repair on the database. However this has no effect.

flumbo

I have the same problem which also started today.  I added some new products a couple days ago and all was fine.  The admin product detail page doesn't load the head or rest of the joomla admin page framework.  I get an unstyled partial page load.  The code only starts at the div "virtuemart-admin-area" and then breaks at the first tab.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GJC Web Design

Your going to have to try and debug this - turn up your error reporting, turn on debugging , check logs, use firebug  etc etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

flumbo

In hope that this will help people with similar problems.  Turns out it was an issue with a plugin to the editor.  Some files got corrupted for the plugin.  I tried both disabling it and removing it with the installer.  The only thing that worked was FTP in and removing the affected plugin directories completely from plugins/editors-xtd.

likrish

Still no luck with this...

I have been tempted to completely dump the catalog of products and categories but thought I would hold out here a little longer in case someone has had the same problem and found a solution...

likrish

OK Guys,

After many a headache on this issue, I discovered that it was a 500 Internal Server error (even though it was not displaying as such, even with all error_reporting set to maximum). I got this info from Firebug on page inspection.

So given the nature of the issue I began to suspect that it was related to the .htaccess file.

Although I had made numerous changes to the file to narrow down the issue etc...

Anyway, long story short... I deleted the .htaccess file and uploaded a clean copy and voila! Problems have disappeared...

I hope this helps anyone out there with a similar problem (as this one was just weird)...

matt3dlondon

I have this issue to, can you post the htaccess details so we can all make sure we get round the issue as well.

Its great when people find a solution but even better when they detail the solution so others can follow it.

What do you mean by a clean file?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

likrish

Quote from: matt3dlondon on April 04, 2015, 16:16:27 PM
I have this issue to, can you post the htaccess details so we can all make sure we get round the issue as well.

Its great when people find a solution but even better when they detail the solution so others can follow it.

What do you mean by a clean file?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

Basically reverted back to the default .htaccess as provided with your Joomla installation (without any modifications).