News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopper can't view orders

Started by Webswallace, May 20, 2014, 12:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webswallace

Hi,

Currently using VM 2.6.0 on Joomla 2.5.19 PHP 3.5.8.1

I've got one admin and one user who is a seller in the shop. There is a problem with the user as he cannot see orders which are listed in the shop. He receives e-mails with the orders but he cannot see them on the back-end. He's got all the permissions active as far as VM is concerned.

I've tried to search for the answer on forum but couldn't find it.

Could you please help me asap, as the client wants to start selling.

Best,
Webswallace

GJC Web Design

can the admin see them?

if so has to be some sort of permissions thing - experiment with the permissions button on VM config
it works on Joomla Group permissions
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Webswallace

Yes, admin can see the orders.

As for the seller, he's got all the permissions for the VM set as allowed. Is there sth more I can check?

I've got also such information visible: "You are using single vendor mode, but it seems more than one user is set as vendor"

Maybe this is the problem? How to change it?

GJC Web Design

on vm config->shop at the bottom is  Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers
never tried it though
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Webswallace

I've seen that function and it is set to: "none" as I don't want my shop to be multivendor. But the information is still the same

jenkinhill

Turn the multivendor function on then look at the Shoppers tab there youwill see the column  Vendor? which shows who are set as vendors. You can disable the vendor status you do not want on that page. Then disable the multivendor function again.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Webswallace

I did what you've adviced - so right now admin is not a vendor and only shopper is a vendor. However, the shopper still cannot see the orders.

Webswallace

I've managed to fix it. Thanks for your help.

McKillo

Dev/Real: VM 3.4.3.x + JL 3.9.3 + PHP 7.2.15 VM Silver Certified

Webswallace

Actually the problem was that the seller had permissions of a shopper and he should have the permissions of superadmin. So I've changed his permissions in Joomla panel and switched off the functions I didn't want him to have.

McKillo

I have found the right solution for VM 2.6.4. , now 'VM admin' user can see orders. Go to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/permissions.php:214 change the foreach for these lines:

foreach($perms as $perm){
         if($perm=='admin'){
            if($user->authorise('core.admin','com_virtuemart')){
               return true;
            }
         }
         if($perm=='storeadmin'){
            if($user->authorise('core.manage','com_virtuemart')){
               return true;
            }
         }
      }

jenkinhill

There is no need to edit the core. Set the shop owner/manager as admin in Joomla (no need to superadmin) and use the ACL in VM - permissions icon top right of VM config page - to se the admin to allowed for as many VM sections as necessarym in this case for Orders & Shoppers
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

McKillo

There is a bug (code error) in this foreach. VM check if user has permissions of the component (must componenet in second parameter ) instead VM is checking user respect of joomla permisions (Global configuration).
See more info: http://docs.joomla.org/Accessing_the_current_user_object