News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal Payments Pro - cart contents

Started by klattr1, May 14, 2014, 22:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klattr1

Valerie/VM dev team,

I noticed when using the direct payment method of PayPal Payments Pro, that it doesn't pass the cart contents (Item Name, Item SKU, and cart variants) through the API. Is it possible for this to be done or added?

This does work when using the PayPal Express Checkout option, but just not direct payment where it captures credit card info on the live customer site.

I'm using Virtuemart 2.6.0a and Joomla 5.19 on PHP 5.4.20.

klattr1

I can still confirm this is an issue with VM 2.6.4. Attached is what the PayPal details page looks like. You'll notice that nowhere on this page does it list the Cart Content as well as separating out the Shipping & Handling prices.

Valerie, can you help? This is only problematic for "Paypal Payment Pro". Express works great and displays cart items as well as S&H.

Attached is a preview of the Paypal details page as well as the config/parameters for VM Paypal plugin.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hello
I am checking rigth now, if it is possible to add the order items to Paypal.

klattr1

Let me know what you find out. I think it's possible as it worked on another site using SSC3's PayPal Pro plugin.

alatak

Hello
I have done it. I am testing all cases (shipment amount, all taxes, payment, discounts). I need to handle all the response by PayPal. Previoulsy it was only success, or failure.
Now in some cases, i get SuccessWithWarning

AH

Are you looking at the iframe response where the display of data fails

When using Iframe the hostedresponse.php does not populate

Total Amount
PayPal Transaction Id

I do not think paypal return this data in hosted iframes
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

klattr1

Alatak and I solved this today. Thx for your help and the French lesson haha.

alatak