News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Why is this happening - Info: Taking config from file

Started by Madde, April 22, 2014, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madde

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. In backend, and in Virtuemart, sometimes when you click the "Configuration" menu item to the left (not always) or when you save the settings in the Configuraton (not always either), there is a message " Info: Taking config from file". Then every setting you made has disappeared, because the system is now NOT getting the info from the database BUT from the administrator/components/com_virtumart/virtuemart.cfg file. And this file has NOT been changed according to the changes you made yourself, but are some sort of default settings that you problably don't want. So it results in disaster.

My question is what is causing Virtuemart to not get info from the database anymore, and how to avoid it.

I would also like to suggest that the virtuemart.cfg file in the future releases is changed according to your settings, so the difference when the system suddenly decides it will use this file won't be that big.

Joomla 2.5.14
VM 2.0.20b

jenkinhill

That stopped happening several versions ago - 2.0.20b is over one year old! We are now at VirtueMart 2.6 - see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Madde

So the problem is related to an old version of VM? The only solution is to upgrade to get rid of this problem?

jenkinhill

You should update anyway unless you are happy to use old versions known to have critical security holes and risk being hacked.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Madde

I see. Thanks for your advice. It is not only my choice, since it is one of my customers sites.

But the problem with the configuration randomly disappearing will go away if we upgrade, right? Because this is really annoying.