News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

update 2.0.24 to 2.6.0 ???

Started by pascal19, April 09, 2014, 22:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pascal19

Hi Virtuemart people!
I gave up on the one button update with the Virtuemart component... never the less I need to update it.
What is the best way to get the update from 2.0.24 to the latest... 2.6.0?
Is there only a patch or many steps?
Thank you for your any information.

K&K media production

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

doak-vm

So using the 'Extensions' installer for VM 2.6 is better than letting Virtuemart 'update to the the latest version'?

Joomla 2.5.16
VirtueMart 2.0.26d
PHP 5.3.24

jenkinhill

It has proven to be more reliable than using the inbuilt (Akeeba powered) updater - and too many people have been forgetting to update the aio component when using the auto-updater.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

doak-vm

Quote from: doak-vm on April 10, 2014, 01:06:08 AM
So using the 'Extensions' installer for VM 2.6 is better than letting Virtuemart 'update to the the latest version'?

Joomla 2.5.16
VirtueMart 2.0.26d
PHP 5.3.24

I just updated and the everything appears ok. What are the changes from v2.0.26d I need to be concerned with? What does the attached ( VM26update.jpg ) mean?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

AFAIK you can ignore the language file error report. Most changes are listed in http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/456-virtuemart-are-proud-to-release-vm2-6
But there is likely to be nothing to be concerned about, all my updates were smooth.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

pascal19