News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Currency display on product details page

Started by backwoodweb, March 28, 2014, 16:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoodweb

Hi All,

I am having a real problem getting the correct currency to display on the product details page.

I am setting up a store for an italian distributor of our products as such the product prices are in British Pounds but I would like them to display in Euros.

I have set in shop configuration to accept on Euro's and it does display in Euro's in the cart.  Unfortunately it is still displaying the price in British Pounds on the Product Details page and I cannot find the display settings anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edit: Verison 2.0.24c

K&K media production

look in the product configuration what is the setup of the price

backwoodweb

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on March 28, 2014, 20:18:57 PM
look in the product configuration what is the setup of the price

Do you mean the configuration for each individual product? The 'Product pricing' section?

Each product is set to be British Pounds, which is correct.  I just need the price converted to Euro to display on the product detail page not just on the cart, It used to be so easy in the old version of VirtueMart.

Thanks.

K&K media production

Do you use the currencies selector module to change the currency?

backwoodweb

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on March 31, 2014, 16:35:25 PM
Do you use the currencies selector module to change the currency?

No we do not, we only want to sell items at Euro price on this particular store.  We have to leave the prices in GBP in the database though so that I can copy them over from the UK store if prices change.

Milbo

and you should set your store currency to euro.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

backwoodweb

Quote from: Milbo on March 31, 2014, 18:11:03 PM

and you should set your store currency to euro.

I am pretty sure this has been done.  I have now set everything I can find to EURO, I have even manually converted the prices of each product and changed the product currency to euro.  It is still displaying as GBP.

Could you tell me exactly where to look?

Thanks

jjk

To summarize what I think you need to configure:

In VM administration - Shop > Vendor tab:
- Currency: Euro
- List of accepted currencies: Euro

In Configuration > Currencies:
- Publish at least 'British Pound' and 'Euro' (I would suggest to unpublish currencies you don't need)
- Depending on whether or not you want to set up a fixed exchange rate or a daily update of the exchange rate, enter an exchange rate into the 'Exchange Rate' field on the 'Currency Details' page of the British Pound (e.g. 0.8200) or leave the default '0.0000' in place. The '0.0000' means that the currency converter module will pull the exchange rates from the European Central Bank once per day.

When you add/edit a product:
- Enter the cost price (the price your distributor pays to you) and select 'British Pounds'
Normally, a profit margin, which is defined in the calculation rules is then added automatically to the cost price.
Select the italian tax rate (has to be configured first of course).
Select an additional rule if applicable.

Now you should see all prices in Euro in the frontend, while the 'Cost Price' in British Pounds is stored in the database.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

waisign

I had the same issue and followed jjk's guideline. Its a very good checklist but still having the same issue.
In the end i noticed that i had multi vendor enabled. I disabled that and it was working back. Weird