What must be done in Paypal account for Standard mode to work in VM2?

Started by amymattian, March 14, 2014, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,

we tested the Paypal Standard in the sandbox mode and Paypal payment method works fine. But when putting the settings in to live site, nothing happens on frontend. Shop does not connect to the paypal pages.

I see there is a difference in the settings in sandbox and the live mode. In Sandbox settings you put the API user and token details. In Paypal Standard in live mode there is only the paypal-email-address.

When trying to confirm the order the shopper is directed back to Choose payment method page, there you choose the Paypal and confirm and go back to the cart. Again when you confirm you get back to Choose payment method page. Cart does not connect to  Paypal. You can test it here:
http://linda.shop1.ic4.eu/
user demo/demo credentials!

My question is what exactly is needed in Paypal merchant pages? We have created a paypal account,
chosen Paypal Standard as the contract! We have even created an app in the developer paypal site. But what else is needed? The Paypal pages seems like an endless jungle of documents... Does any one have short instructions what must be done in Paypal pages for VM2 Paypal API to work in Standard mode?

- Anne

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amymattian

Hi Jenkinhill,

I've checked those tutorials thorough when setting things up.  :)  I tested i Sandbox mode and all worked fine in Sandbox. But when I change the setting to Paypal Standard and Production mode and add the shop paypal email address to the plugin, when trying to make a payment on frontend I cannot get through to Paypal. When clicking confirm the shop directs me to Choose payment method, I choose Paypal and get back to confirmation page. Again I confirm and go back to choose payment method. I don't understand what is going wrong.

We have contacted Paypal, but they say they problem is at API end. Also no where is info what exactly we need to do at Paypal end. We have opened a Paypal account and chosen Paypal Standard in the merchant pages.

I did notice a difference in Sandbox and Standard methods. In Sandbox we added an APP in Paypal pages (as instructed) and added the User and token to the Paypal payment method details in VM2. But in Production mode those fields disappear and only paypal email field is left. Is there a need to add APP in Paypal developer page when  Paypal Standard method is used? What exactly must we do at Paypal settings?

Here is the shop (still under construction):
http://linda.shop1.ic4.eu/shop
You can use demo/demo user if you want to test the problem!

Greetings,
Anne

amymattian

Oh yes, this is what Paypal answered when asking from them:

"This issue is on the website side. For some reason the shopping cart is not registering PayPal as a payment option or redirecting the buyer to PayPal. Your developer will need to review the code for the checkout to determine why it is never redirecting."

So no help....  :( That's exactly the problem!

- Anne

amymattian

Hi,

one more question I'm wondering, can the email-settings on the site have something to do with this? Does it matter if the site email-address/shop email address is different to the paypal email-address?

- Anne

amymattian

Hi,

I checked out the version, I'm using the latest VM2.0.26d. But the plugin shows 2.0.24. I have twice installed AIO version 2.0.26d and but when I check from Manage page the paypal plugin shows 2.0.24. Is there a version 2.0.26d  for paypal and other plugins? Why does the installing on top via install page does not update the plugins? I've noticed this same on other websites.

- Anne

amymattian

Hi,

I added a new Paypal payment method in Express Checkout format and added the API credentials to that. Then I hide it, and now the site is redirecting to Paypal even when the used payment method is in Standard mode and only with the paypal email-address. I can't really figure if adding the API credentials to another paypal payment method fixed the problem.

Is is really so that in Standard mode you only need the paypal email-address and no credentials?

- Anne

amymattian

Hi,

I can only get the Paypal payment method working in Express Checkout format where I add the API credentials. Then the Paypal API is connecting to Paypal page. In Standard mode where there is only the paypal-address (no API credentials so no user, password and token) nothing happens when trying to check out, but the shop takes me to the Choose payment method page (where I see Paypal) then after choosing Paypal I get back to the cart. Again when confirming the cart I get back to the choose payment method.

Can anyone explain who Paypal Standard is supposed to work? Is it supposed to direct the user to Paypal pages? Why does it not direct to Paypal pages?

- Anne