News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Don't receive vender email

Started by billywardrop2014, March 07, 2014, 15:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billywardrop2014

Hi

I am currently running Joomla 2.5.18 and Virtuemart 2.0.22. When an order is placed, only the person buying the product gets a confirmation email. Unfortunately, the vendor doesn't get notified of the new order.

I have tried the following:

1. Set 'Use Vendor Email' to off but makes no difference;
2. Checked the SPAM folder of the vendor but no emails are there.

The vendor email account is a gmail account so I don't think there will be any server issues.

What else can I try? Is there any logs I can check to see whats happening? The website is on a 1and1 shared hosting package.

Thanks

Billy

jenkinhill

First you must consider updating - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683

Then make sure you have correct settings for "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" in configuration/checkout

For some shared servers the vendor should use an email address using the store domain.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

billywardrop2014

Hi jenkin

Thank you for the quick response. I will try updating to J2.5.19 and VM2.0.26d. If that doesnt work, I'll get the vender to setup an email address that matches the domain name.

Cheers

Billy
:)

billywardrop2014

Hi

I've upgraded the website to Joomla 2.5.19 and VM 2.0.26d. The upgrade seems to go ok but when I click on Checkout now, I get the error TypeError: document.checkoutForm is undefined in firebug and nothing happens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Billy
:)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum