News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show product prices (base) without tax until checkout?

Started by elleclouds, March 06, 2014, 17:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elleclouds

I have literally toiled over this for a month and can't come up with a solution. Some people say to comment out certain lines of code. Why isn't there just an option to show prices without tax until checkout. Please someone help me in figuring this issue out. I have been able to do it in the product details page by changing my tax to "tax per bill" but then on the news pro on front page and category listing, the prices disappear altogether. Please Help. :x

I just want the base prices to show here without taxes....please help

I have the most updated version of virtuemart 2.0.26d

jenkinhill

Sounds like the template overrides you are using do not include the code to display the  'priceWithoutTax'  - look at the override file  [yourjoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/category.default.php and compare it with the default VM view file at components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php
The code is easy to spot as it shows the language constant, COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX

You may have to edit your override file to include the right code.

I have no idea what you mean by "the news pro on front page" (certainly it is not standard VirtueMart) but the code for that may need checking, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum