News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Errors in VM shop

Started by radiowave911, August 14, 2013, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiowave911

I am receiving errors on my VM shop when going to the product pages:

trict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/view.html.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512

Strict Standards: Declaration of VirtueMartModelMedia::store() should be compatible with VmModel::store(&$data) in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/media.php on line 435

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/media.php on line 80

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/media.php on line 80

I found references to this in a search here, but nothing seemed similar enough to what I am encountering, or did not match what was going on here.

I built the site on a dev domain, loaded the data, tested, and all worked fine.  I then wiped the live domain, installed the new Joomla version and the new VM version, then copied over the DB.  Everything works fine except VM now.  The dev and live domains are on the same server (I am using a shared host).  The details are:

PHP 5.4.11, CGI/FASTCGI API
Joomla Version 2.5.11
VM Version 2.0.22

I am also unable to upgrade to v2.0.22a.  When I click through the upgrade, ultimately I get a message at the top of the page that lists the features:

Strict Standards: Declaration of LiveUpdateController::display() should be compatible with JController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/liveupdate/classes/controller.php on line 16

The upgrade fails with:

Strict Standards: Declaration of LiveUpdateController::display() should be compatible with JController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/liveupdate/classes/controller.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/radiowave911/yeworkshoppe.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/liveupdate/classes/model.php on line 89
Invalid Token, in store config

If any additional information is needed to help troubleshoot what is happening here, just ask.

jenkinhill

Tell your host to turn of strict reporting in php.ini - or turn the messages off yourself. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

positronio

a common problem is
Strict standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile()  ...libraries\joomla\html\parameter.php on line 512

I think that is not appropriate to hide errors as noticed here http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/warnings/?mc_cid=5f721f0d11
The mysterious thing is that when you setup joomla 2.5.18 using php 5.3.x and then you install com_virtuemart.2.0.26d the above error doesn't appear. On the other hand while using php 5.4.x and the same versions of joomla and virtuemart the error arises. Thus maybe the problem is php 5.4.x

jenkinhill

As from PHP5.4 E_STRICT is now part of E_ALL  - http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php

Now that PHP5.4 + is the recommended version for Joomla 2.5.x (and 3.x) I suspect more time will be spent removing the cause of those warnings.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum