Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Tax based on shipping to country

Started by paulhazell, February 03, 2014, 16:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulhazell

VM 2.0.26d
Joomla 2.5.17

I'm sure there is an obvious solution to this but it's doing my brain in! I can't work out if this is a shipping issue, a tax issue or both!

My site takes no payment. The customer is emailed an invoice. There are no shipping charges because they have to be quoted seperately based on the order once the order has been placed.
However, the site adds 20% tax (VAT) to the total bill, regardless of country in the registration process or the delivery address.
What i need is the following;

Invoice from UK customer, delivery address within UK has VAT added to the total bill.
Invoice from UK customer, delivery address outside UK has VAT added to the total bill.
Invoice from customer outside the UK, delivery address within UK has VAT added to the total bill.
BUT Invoice from customer outside the UK, delivery address outside UK has NO VAT added to the bill.

Is this possible and if so how please?

jenkinhill

You are quite right that this is difficult to set up, but luckily there is a plugin that solves the problems. http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/19-shopper-fields-plugins/17-eu-vat-checker
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum