Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Missing values in cart

Started by paulhazell, January 24, 2014, 14:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulhazell

Joomla 2.5.17
VM 2.0.26d

I have a "forced" registration on my site. Users must register using the Joomla registration process to view all the menu items, including the VM store.
When someone has registered, logged in, added something to the cart, then clicked the show cart link, the shopping cart contains the following error list;

Missing value for First Name
        Missing value for Last Name
        Missing value for Address 1
        Missing value for City
        Missing value for County
        Missing value for Zip / Postal Code
        Missing value for Country
        Missing value for State / Province / Region
        Please accept the terms of service to confirm

Obviously these are values that are missing from the regular joomla registration process, i can see that much, but i don't recall ever having this issue on any other site i have developed.
The errors do not appear if you visit the cart page with no products in the cart, only when something is added.

I am not using a 1 page checkout plugin of any type and that option is unchecked in the VM configuration.

I have searched for a solution, and there are some hacks that i have seen, but i would like to know why this is happening and if i can fix it without a hack.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart recognises them as logged in but as they have not already filled in billing info it looks for it but cannot find it. Answer is to use VM registration instead of just Joomla registration, so they provide name & address info and agree to TOS. Joomla menu link to VirtueMart ยป Account Maintenance
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

paulhazell

Thanks for the reply.
I've implemented that solution but when the user registers the confirmation email doesn't contain a link for them to authenticate the registration even though the information message says they will receive one.
I have registration set to "self".