News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is the "SHIPMENT FOR VIRTUAL PRODUCTS" plugin hackable?

Started by JoanHall, January 23, 2014, 04:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanHall

I have a music store right now that uses Virtuemart 1.1.9.  The problem I had was that customers who had iOS devices couldn't download music successfully after they purchased.  I fixed the problem by adding some code that would email the mp3s to the customers as attachments.

So now I want to start another music store, which means that if I use Virtuemart again it would be Virtuemart 2.0.  From reading the forums, it appears that I will have to purchase a plugin like "SHIPMENT FOR VIRTUAL PRODUCTS" in order to sell mp3s.

I want to know if it would be possible for me to hack that plugin the same way that I hacked my first music store.  Otherwise, I suppose that I would have the same problem that I used to have, where customers with iPhones and iPads can't download the music.

Does anyone have information about this?

Milbo

Our plugin handles exactly all that for you. Your customers get a link which they can use in their email.

You can configure if the link works one time,.. or 3 times the last 30 days for 2 years and so on. The thing is written I would sell my music (and I did some)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JoanHall

When you say a link in their email, do you mean a link to a place where the file is stored online so that they can download it?  Will that work if the customer is using an iPhone or iPad?  Because I have never been able to download music on my iPad.   The only thing that has worked for me is if the music file is an actuall attachment on an email.  Does your plugin do that?

Quote from: Milbo on January 24, 2014, 12:14:41 PM
Our plugin handles exactly all that for you. Your customers get a link which they can use in their email.

You can configure if the link works one time,.. or 3 times the last 30 days for 2 years and so on. The thing is written I would sell my music (and I did some)