Upgrade to VM 2.0.26a, now Revenue Report loads a blank page

Started by SparksArts, January 07, 2014, 21:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparksArts

I have a couple of websites that I recently updated from Virtuemart 2.0.20b to 2.0.26a. Both sites are Joomla 2.5.17. Now when going to the Revenue Report link in the backend it loads a blank page or displays "Error 500 - Internal server error" (depending on the hosting service) and the page source code for both is blank.

I checked another site that was updated from VM 2.0.24c to 2.0.26a and the Revenue Report link works correctly. So apparently it is related to updating from an older version.

I tried reinstalling VM 2.0.26a on a local copy of one site (MAMP), but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone have suggestions on what files or database tables are involved in creating the Revenue Report page? Some idea of what to replace or update to fix this issue? What other information can I provide that would help troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks, Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

AH

When you upgrade there should be a link (it might be on the order page) that you need to click in order to convert the old database table values into a new field in the order details and order table which should sort out the revenue report
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

SparksArts

Thanks for the suggestion. On the Orders page I only see a link for Update Order Status. I tried to enable the database tools in configuration > shop > advanced settings, then go to tools > tools & migration > DB tools and click Install or if necessary update tables button. But that didn't fix the Revenue Report. There's also an update tables in the component > Virtuemart-aio but that's just for plugins. Any other suggestions on where to find the button to convert the old database table values into a new field in the order details and order table?

Richard

jenkinhill

Suggest you try 2.0.26b as it sounds like you may have a memory issue which some have seen with 2.0.26a
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SparksArts

I updated a local copy of my site to VM 2.0.26b and now the Revenue Report page displays correctly. The elusive button for Update Order Items appears at the top of that page and I get the error notice "vmError: For correct net price calculation you must update order items table. Use the button on top of the site."

The only issue is VM component now shows there's an update available and the current version is 2.0.26a. I guess I can live with that until b is an official release.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know b was available. :)

SparksArts

Today I noticed checkout on my site is broken. It gets into an endless loop of selecting Shipping Method, then click Checkout Now button, and it takes you back to Select Shipping again. Round and round we go, never able to buy anything.

I tested a lot of options to fix it. Then on my local copy of the site, I installed VM 2.0.26a over b and that appears to have fixed it. So perhaps b introduced some new error with checkout? Don't know. I'm back to running 2.0.26a, and funny thing is the Revenue Report is working still. It didn't work before when I first updated to 2.0.26a. Oh, well. Good thing.

Richard

jokn74

Hi

I had the same problem Virtuemart 2.0.26d

The solution was to upgrade PHP from 5.3 to 5.4

It was that simple.

Best regards
Jeppe

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

jenkinhill

No, it is tested on PHP5.3 but Milbo recommends always the last one in the 5.3 release cycle to avaoind bugs, which currently is 5.3.28. It is also tested on 5.4 of course, but 5.4 is now the "official" recommended PHP version for Joomla 2.5.17
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum