News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Manufacturer Specific Pricing

Started by athruzsupps, December 21, 2013, 22:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athruzsupps

I am new to VirtueMart however the store is an online supplement store.  I have a general rule with is +% of 12 across the board. I created another rule for +10% but what it to be for 1 specific manufacturer and all other items outside of that one manufacturer to remain +12.5%. This doesn't seem to be working, is this not capable?

Joomla! 2.5.16
VirtueMart 2.0.18a
URL: www.athruzsupplements.com

[attachment cleanup by admin]

athruzsupps

Following up on this.. I did some research online and I am "sort of" there.

I have two rules now, one rules is a markup on all products where I included all manufacturers, but deleted BSN. The second rule I did I only added BSN to the manufacturer options. This gave me the pricing results I was looking for where BSN is marked up diff then other manufacturers.  Is this how I am actually supposed to do this? There is no way to have the calculation rule know to check for specific manufacturer, categories, etc. first, then for whatever doesn't apply use the general rule?

I read some forums on virtuemart website that indicate the .20b release has this capability?

jenkinhill

I think you are best advised to update your VirtueMart version to the current 2.0.26a as the version you are using is known to have critical security issues, in addition there have been a lot of bugfixes and enhancements since 2.0.18a which is nearly a year old.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

athruzsupps

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 21, 2013, 23:26:45 PM
I think you are best advised to update your VirtueMart version to the current 2.0.26a as the version you are using is known to have critical security issues, in addition there have been a lot of bugfixes and enhancements since 2.0.18a which is nearly a year old.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Thank you for your response. I understand the update requirement but aside from that, functionality wise, am I correct? I dont see anything that changes this type of functionality between versions.