News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Price calculation Error VM 2.0.22a

Started by EmmyBee, December 07, 2013, 09:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmyBee

We have a new install of Joomla 2.5 and VM 2.0.22a  We use the standard native Checkout of VM (which we are TRYING to change as it is just  a terrible cart/checkout system,  with a new plug in which won't work due to the following issue).

We have the following issue which has ALWAYS been the case since install (and reinstall) and we even did an upgrade on a test server which did not work.

View test site: tug.incub8.com.au

GST (TAX) PRICES & TOTALS ARE NOT CALCULATING AND OR DISPLAYING CORRECTLY.

GST should be 10% which is the rule set up for Australia in the back end under taxes, (we do not ship to any other country).

We have OVERRIDE prices in our store as the set pricing and the GST seems to be calculating on the SALES PRICE but even then not correctly. Our prices INCLUDE GST, so the GST that displays should be the GST 10% of the item price.

Shopping Cart

Name    ITEM CODE    Price    Quantity / Update    GST    Total
Flash_Sports_Bag_4fc46eec8fbf1.jpg   Flash Sports Bag
Colour Black/Red
Embroidery None
Screenprinting None

BZ-BB29000    
$26.95 <------- Price correct

$3.63 <------------- GST should be $2.45

$26.95

Product Total    
$3.63

$26.95

Shipping Fees      
$1.36 <------------ GST shows correct for Shipping.

$15.00

Select Payment (You must enter in your Billing Information or Log In 1st Above)          

Total:    
$4.99

$41.95
Customer Order Comments & Notes:

Can you tell me WHERE - which files that  Virtuemart draws the tax calculations, shopping cart/invoice price calculations from?
Thank you so much in advance! :)

The total of the order is displaying/calculating correctly so at least our order totals are charging the right amount.

jenkinhill

Please check this with the latest stable and secure version (2.0.24c) as there have been plenty of bug fixes since July.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

Jenkinhill posted a good advice while I was typing this. However, if updating doesn't solve your problem...

Can you post a more detailed description of the prices you enter and which calculation and tax rules you assign to the product (maybe screenshots of your backend product edit view and your tax/calculation rule(s) would be the easiest way to do this.

I think Australians should use the VAT-Tax option.
Also, do you need to display the GST in the cart? I suppose it's not required by australian law. So you could disable 'Show Tax in Cart' in VM Configuration > Pricing tab.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations