News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot upgrade to new version

Started by edudflog, November 21, 2013, 06:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edudflog

VM ver 2.0.18a
Joomla ver 2.5.9

I am frustrated.  Have been trying to upgrade from v 2.0.18 to any more current version for months now but each time I do so my site crashes and I get a white screen with some type of fatal error.

I am going into the Virtuemart-aio and trying to upgrade from there.  When I click on update to the latest version, the update crashes with a fatal error.  If I download the latest version through Virtuemart-aio, and try to install through the extension manager, I get a fatal error.  And if I download the latest version from your website and try to install over the current version, i get a fatal error.  Can you assist me with this very frustrating problem?  I've purchased some plug-ins that only run on the latest version.

My site is www.novelocket.com

Thanks

jenkinhill

You Joomla version is out of date and insecure, too. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

The actual error message logged for a failed update is important as it helps top reveal the problem. Most likely it is a lack of PHP resources or facilities on the server.
I have never had an issue with VM installation - the server settings I use are in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125

Use Joomla's extensions manager. If the server has very low upload_max_filesize then use the tar.gz package, eg com_virtuemart.2.0.24b_extract_first.targz.zip  (extract the package locally to give the two components, install com_virtuemart.2.0.24b.tar.gz first immediately followed by com_virtuemart.2.0.24b_ext_aio.tar.gz ). If you have a server which is not capable of handling tar.gz files then you should try installing the .zip versions instead.

If you are really stuck with resources try unpacking the component, ftp it into a suitable directory in Joomla and then use "Install from Directory" in Joomla's extansion manager.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

edudflog

I took your advice and upgraded my Joomla version to 2.5.16.  I was then able to perform the VM upgrade to 2.0.24.  Thanks for that.

Problem is that now I do not see any US States in the states dropdown on checkout.  This happens with both the VM checkout and a third party one step checkout as well.

Can you help with that?

Thanks

www.novelocket.com

jenkinhill

Make sure you have enabled Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE in Config/Templates/Activate Css Styles & Javascripts

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

edudflog

Sorry, but I am fairly new to this.  What is FE and where do I find the dropdowns in FE in config/templates/activate css style and javascripts?

Thanks much.

jenkinhill

FE=FrontEnd

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

edudflog

Thanks for the clarification.  Unfortunately, It still does not show the states in the dropdown.  Very frustrating.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

edudflog

Unfortunately, I have no clue how to do so.  I have JQueryEasy installed but have no idea how to determine which JQuery libraries are in conflict or even which ones are loading.  I have Firebug but, again, without a knowledge of coding, its hard to know where to start.  What am I looking for?  A script entry of "Jquery"?  Sorry but I am truly new to this.

Thanks

GJC Web Design

If you have installed and config jqueryeasy to replace all jquery libraries with 1.6 then that should solve them

you may get a TypeError: $.noConflict is not a function error

see here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120049.msg409791#msg409791

you need to look on the console tab of firebug for errors

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation