News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update to 2.0.24 lost all products and categories.

Started by rayge, November 01, 2013, 17:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayge

I just updated from 2.0.21g to 2.0.24 and in the and as well as the front end i cant see any product or category data.
when i check phpmyadmin the records are there. WHAT is the problem??
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

jjk

Two things I would try first:
Go to 'Tools & Migration' and click on 'Install or if necessary update tables'.
Enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in Joomla and check for error messages.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ITBroliai

Same problem here. Virtuemart does not show any products, categories, manufacturers. I can see them in database.. Have you solved this problem ? :-\

ITBroliai

Database Version    5.5.33-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.4.17
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable [ Ember ] 06-November-2013 22:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Virtuemart:
Installed version 2.0.24
Latest version 2.0.24
Latest release date 2013-10-01

rayge

Sorry about the late reply.
I ran Install or if necessary update tables and it didn't change a thing. :(

When i looked in phpmyadmin as well i had tables with en_us on it which i am not using I literally removed those tables and now when goto the categories to products it errors expecting those tables. HOWS can i make sure it is only looking at data for en_gb ?

I also noticed in the table virtuemart_configs the value inside the config row has:
vmlang=s:5:"en_us"
changing the value here does nothing.

this is the issue!!
I manually added a category in the virtuemart_categories_en_us table and it shows up.

how can i fix this properly and quickly?? I have a deadline working on this project

rayge

Here is what i ended up doing.
In configuration > SHOP
under language settings i selected English (United Kingdom) THis was Empty before now.
I then saved it. after words i made sure the record in phpmyadmin i mentioned in the previous post showed en_gb as the vmlang value. if not then make it that and the re-save the shop config.

everything is showing up now.

ITBroliai

I've checked these settings in my installation. Everything is fine in Language settings and vmlang. Products, manufacturers, categories has the same language prefix in database as vmlang. As there is no time to play, I'll have to roll back to older version from my backup ..

Milbo

The difference between 2.0.22 and 2.0.22c is a whitelist for the table tag.

So when your tables have en_us, choose american english en-US.

When you entered anything to normal english en_gb, then choose in the shopconfig english. A lot non english speakers had before the trouble, that they create their products while the store is just using the joomla BE language which is often just english. Then they switched to german and suddenly the products dissapeared.

The logic now takes the input of the user and checks it with a whitelist, defined by the dropdown in vm config. If it does not fit, it redirects to the first value set in the vm config.

So if you set only one language in the vm config you force vm2 to use only this language tables, regardless your language in joomla.

That means if you setup your store in english and switched it to spain and the products are vanished, then set in vm english as language.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tec

I was also having the same problem, sort of.
My categories were showing on the front end, but no products would show.
I can get to an individual product if I click on a featured item, but I see nothing in catgories.

I went into the Config>shop and applied the en-GB language as mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

When I went back to the front end all of my categories and products were gone.
I can see them in the database but they are no longer showing in the VM admin.

I checked the language in virtuemart_configs via php admin and this is what it says
active_languages=a:1:{i:0;s:5:"en-GB";}|enableEnglish=s:1:"0";

The site is using Joomla! 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.26d

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
Thankies
Tanya

Milbo

use something like phpmyadmin or similar and check your language tables

a normal table looks like this prefix_virtuemart_products,... the language table for english is then just prefix_virtuemart_products_en_gb. Just set in vm config your the language of your existing tables and your products are back
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tec

Thank you for your reply, when I changed the language in the admin it created duplicate tables with the language extension on the end of the table name but did not change the existing tables that have the products in them.
When I added a test product and category in the admin I could see them on the front end however all of the previous categories and products are in the tables with no language extension.

There are 266 categories and over 4000 products

--UPDATE--
Ok, I went into the admin and removed the language, I can now see all of the categories and products in the admin and I can see the categories on the front end.
I can get to the products by clicking on a featured item however I cannot see any products when I click on a category

tec

in the database the vm config table now has this
vmlang=s:5:"sv_se";