News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to show base price AND Sale Price

Started by Hennen, October 09, 2013, 20:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hennen

VM 2.0.22e
Joomla 2.5.14

I have seen this question asked over and over again in the forums and there is never a DEFINITIVE answer given. Every answer seems to revolve around some other unimportant issue. This is the main question with a follow up:

Does Virtuemart have the ability to show BOTH the base price (aka original price) AND the sales price on the product page? Because right now, ONLY the sale price shows. It doesn't make very much sense to the customer as to whether the sales price is a good deal if they don't have the original to look at. How do I show the specified shopper groups both of these? IT IS A MUST FOR VIRTUEMART!

Follow up: how do I make the sale price show for ONLY those products/categories where a discount rule or product price override is enabled? Because right now, if sales price is enabled in configuration-->configuration then the sales price shows for ALL products. This does not work well.

If hacks are required, please to tell where to make the hacks and how. Thank you for your help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

spacecadet

yes i am stuck in the same loop.

i want to show a standard price, and then a discounted price.

please someone lay out a detailed explanation of how to do this. please don't leave anything out. please show all screen shots relevant. please indicate if anything has to be hacked to make this work. please show the final screen shot showing what it should look like.

there are enough people asking for this to make such a thing worthwhile, and thank you to anyone who does this.

All I want is to set a discount for a product, and then have it show up with the old price and discount price:

Old Price $500
Discount price $250

thanks

im up to datae VM 2.0.24 J2.5.14

AH

All I want is to set a discount for a product, and then have it show up with the old price and discount price:
This is default behaviour.

Quoteplease someone lay out a detailed explanation of how to do this. please don't leave anything out. please show all screen shots relevant. please indicate if anything has to be hacked to make this work. please show the final screen shot showing what it should look like.

Please show the above for your current configuration
Configuration price settings are important so at least show these
In addition - let us know what template you are using
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Hennen

I have tried every possible configuration of configuration-->configuration-->pricing, even going so far as to enable EVERYTHING.

I am currently using the JA Vintas template but the problem persists in the stock Beez5 template. See attachment.

I have tried multiple configurations in the product pricing as well. But still the original price does not show on the PRODUCT PAGE as well as not showing on the CATEGORIES LISTINGS.

Please advise.

AH

You need to increase the size of the product display, it is unreadable.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Hennen

Here is a screenshot of the product view where the price is not specified, only the sales price. My configurations can be seen in a previous screenshot on this thread.

AH

try setting your rounding on the prices to -1 for all items
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Hennen

Thanks for the follow up. I rounded the prices in configuration-->configuration--> pricing and changed the rounding digits to -1 for all options. I then ticked the box "round only display" in pricing configuration box. In both instances I had the same result on the products display page. I cleaned the caches (site and browser) and still nothing.

AH

Hennen

Do not check "round only display"

If you cam PM me with a login I will need to look at your admin settings.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0