News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to display PhpShop in website?

Started by andy, June 15, 2004, 17:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Hello,

I have successfully installed PhpShop1.1 in Mambo4.5. I have created a category and a product item and ensured everthing is published. I have set up my base shop and I have created a Mambo link in main links to the PhpShop component. What I see is merely the shop title and description. No products or categories listed or anything. Any suggestions? What is the default (usual) shop url and what should it display?

cheers in advance.

Andy

Soeren

1111 wrote:
Quote...and I have created a Mambo link in main links to the PhpShop component...

Sorry, but that's a typical case of RTFM.

DO NOT CREATE A MAMBO LINK IN MAIN MENU WITHOUT PUBLISHING THE phpShop MODULE!

The shop is controlled via the module! The main menu link only leads to the shop main page, not more, no less.

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

andy

oops! You're right - a classic case of RTFM! I didn't install the module. All working now (from what I can see) so thanks for that.

I have a couple of questions:
I'm not clear on the difference between Payment Method and Payment Option. I have set up a Payment Method and used Credit Card for a manual payment. If I selected Payment Processor, would I then have to select a Payment Option?

How does one implement SSL or PGP for transactions? (apologies if this one has been mentioned in previous messages).

cheers in advance for any assistance.
Andy