News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.22b: permission for everything but not Orders & Customer

Started by MaxMi, August 22, 2013, 16:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxMi

Hello,
in 2.0.22a storedmin not see orders (empty page). I noticed in 2.0.22b has been inserted the possibility to give the permissions on all menu virtuemart .. but is not present for the "orders & Clients".

It is intentional or a bug?

thanks

Max

MaxMi

I realized that the only way to see the menu "orders" is to set the default permissions of "configuration" = allowed.

It remains, however, the problem that storeadmin see a blank page instead of the list of orders.

To you it work? Joomla 2.5.13 and VM 2.0.22b

Thank you!

Flasher

I'm having the same issue on my Virtuemart 2.0.16 an Joomla 2.5.9

My Store Admin can't see the Orders List.

If I login with the Super Administrator user everythings works fine.

Any clues how to solve this???

jenkinhill

In that old version superadmin status is required to view orders. The newest versions use ACL and this has been extended to orders for VM2.0.24a which is about to be released.

IN any case, both your Joomla and VirtueMart versions are relatively old and have known critical security issues which have already been exploited by hackers. Current versions are J2.5.14 and VM2.0.24

See the note in the security update announcement about template overrides (if you use them):  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany
And see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Flasher

Yes we do use templates overrides... Will update the versions then... will make a copy of the site for security update.... tyvm regard.

Vicki Payne

Hi, Kelvyn / jenkinhill-

It seems even with the Virtuemart 2.0.24 update (with latest version of Joomla! 2.5.16) an Administrator / storeadmin cannot see orders in the backend. In the Permissions settings, I have made sure all of the permissions for Administrator are inherited / allowed from Super Admin - and have tried changing "Inherited" to "Allowed" but I still cannot manage to get an Administrator to see orders. Template overrides are not relevant here.

Please send a step-by-step to get this working if possible - we need to be able to set shop owners up as Administrator but not Super Administrator.

Thank you,
Vicki

bialabs

Quote from: Vicki Payne on December 10, 2013, 19:44:47 PM
Hi, Kelvyn / jenkinhill-

It seems even with the Virtuemart 2.0.24 update (with latest version of Joomla! 2.5.16) an Administrator / storeadmin cannot see orders in the backend. In the Permissions settings, I have made sure all of the permissions for Administrator are inherited / allowed from Super Admin - and have tried changing "Inherited" to "Allowed" but I still cannot manage to get an Administrator to see orders. Template overrides are not relevant here.

Please send a step-by-step to get this working if possible - we need to be able to set shop owners up as Administrator but not Super Administrator.

Thank you,
Vicki

i have this problem too, my Administrator / storeadmin cannot see orders
Is solvable?