News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What am I doing wrong? EU VAT

Started by e-trader, August 15, 2013, 12:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-trader

Anonymous shoppers now sees prices EX-VAT but must see prices including VAT.

On VM 2.0.22A / JM 2.5.9 / PHP 5.4.16 I have added a:

- VAT rule of 0% applies to all (no group or country assignment)
- VAT rule of 21% applies to EU countries (only country assignment)

Products are configured with ex-VAT prices and to apply default rules.

Result is the product screens display excluding VAT when not logged in and no ship-to country has been selected. When the country is selected during checkout the VAT shows OK. It should display pricing including the VAT before the country is selected. Adding a default 21% rule to all shows it all but does not remove the VAT when the shopper is outside of the EU.

Only after filling in the shipping country the VAT should be removed in the cart. There are various posts, either with no solution or appears not to be working on 2.0.22a.

Please help before I go insane!

jenkinhill

If the shopper has not entered a country then the first of your two rules, 0% will effectively be applied. I think you should look at the plugin designed to handle this situation:  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/19-shopper-fields-plugins/17-eu-vat-checker  - this handles the legal EU VAT requirements, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

e-trader

Thanks for the reply Jenkinhill. I do appreciate the plugin being available. Does this also mean that there is no solution to configure the standard VM to behave in the same way the VM1 EU TAX model did?