Not getting admin confirmation emails and clients not getting confirmation email

Started by excess28, July 20, 2013, 16:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

excess28

Hello, I am having an issue with Virtuemart where the admin is not getting the order confirmations and neither is the customer. I have gone through the settings multiple times and not sure where the issue is.

I made sure the admin user that has the email address that I want to get the confirmation emails is set as vendor in Shoppers, and I set the other users as Not a Vendor. Also set Yes to receive system emails.

Can someone please help? Thank you!

Versions:
Joomla 2.5.9
Virtuemart 2.0.18a

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

excess28

No, the admin is not getting emails when there is a new user account added. I just tested and added a new user account, and the new user email got a confirmation email, but the admin did not get one.

jenkinhill

OK, try different mail settings in Joomla server configuration, maybe use SMTP. Check the admin email spam filters and also see if the "Use the vendor email address" setting in VM Configuration/Shop makes any difference.

Mail failures are almost always Joomla mail config problems or due to some stupid anti-spam measures on the hosting server.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

excess28

The system is properly sending the emails to the new users when they register for an account. And this email is coming from the admin email that I have set as vendor. Therefore I know the mail configuration is correct.

The issue is that the admin nor the buyer gets an email confirmation when an order is placed.

Is the admin supposed to get an email each time a new account is created?

jenkinhill

Quote from: excess28 on July 23, 2013, 17:28:12 PM
Is the admin supposed to get an email each time a new account is created?

If they are a full registered user and not a guest checking out then Joomla sends out a new user reg email if that is set in Joomla users and the admin user is set to receive system emails.

The trigger to send order emails comes from the payment plugin - it that working correctly?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

excess28

For the first time, someone placed an order and they actually got the confirmation. Do you know where I can edit the HTML of the email. The footer of the email had the description/keywords of the website which looks strange.

Then they tried doing a test purchase and got an email from the site saying: "An IPN notification was received with an invalid amount or currency", this one did not trigger a confirmation email.

Payments are setup through PayPal. Under Return to Shop, I have Order Status for Pending transactions set to Pending, Order Status for Successful transactions set to Confirmed, Order Status for Failed transactions set to Cancelled. Not sure what setting is incorrect here.

TheWebSet

I am having the same problem since the update to 2.0.22a.  Everything was fine before the update, now the store admin is not being emailed when a new order is placed.  A resolve to this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Joomla 2.5.14

MP63

As of 26ste august i have the same problem. I don't know what course this fault. Who knows the sulution.

Maxim Pishnyak

Perhaps it was attempt by VM to send some emails. Errors could happen during this process probably. What your logs could show, guys?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

eppenga

Same issue here unfortunately. We run a high volume Virtuemart webshop (http://www.exact.nl/klant-trainingen/exact-globe) and after the update to version 2.0.22b (luckily we test in a test environment first) Virtuemart is NOT sending confirmations anymore to the default admin email address and to the customer who ordered.

It is still sending order updates (via Notify Shopper for example) correctly.

This is caused by Virtuemart itself, not a mailserver hickup or anything else, all the other email services are still working correctly.

Thanks & kind regards,

Ebo Eppenga
Marketing
Exact

jenkinhill

Check your setiings in Configuration/Shop Emails Settings
and in Configuration/Checkout check for each Default Order Status to....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

mrblonde

Unfortunately I too am having the same problem with shop admin and shopper receiving order confirmation emails with a client site.  Can't be sure when it started not sending confirmation emails as client has only just alerted me to it however certainly was happening with VM2.0.22a.  She did suggest when orders are paid using PayPal I gather the order confirmation does come through but the only other payment method is Bank Deposit/Transfer using the 'VM - Payment, Standard' method which has been working fine until a recent update.

This is not a fault with the host or site email config as the default Joomla contact form works fine.  In submitting test orders from the Orders page I can change the status and tick 'notify shopper' i.e. me and the updated status is emailed successfully.  The issue is purely down to email confirmations not being sent out to either the store admin or shopper.

Currently running Joomla 2.5.14, VM2.0.22b.  When installing VM updates (via Joomla's Extension Manager as the Live Update doesn't work on our shared host environment) I have also been installing the AIO update file at the same time too so presumably the payment plugins have been updated, perhaps that's the problem?

Allen_K

Since updating to 2.0.022b, purchases made with Authorize.net do not send out confirmation e-mails and invoices as they are configured to.

2.0.22a worked fine. The PayPal purchases still send just fine. I am guessing something has changed with the Authorize.net plugin that needs to be re-addressed.

Please advise.

Allen_K

Quote from: avkeele on September 02, 2013, 16:22:07 PM
Since updating to 2.0.022b, purchases made with Authorize.net do not send out confirmation e-mails and invoices as they are configured to.

2.0.22a worked fine. The PayPal purchases still send just fine. I am guessing something has changed with the Authorize.net plugin that needs to be re-addressed.

Please advise.

Bump.