News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.20b empty screen and errors

Started by tzic, July 01, 2013, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzic

Hi,

I took a backup with akeeba and I am trying to upgrade VM but when I press the upgrade button either in components>virtuemart or components>virtuemart-aio the only thing I get is an empty white screen with this message (if  simple error reporting is enabled):

"Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 2 by reference in /var/www/vhosts/ahealthcare.gr/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/liveupdate/classes/download.php on line 40"

Is there a way to do it manually? Am I safe to proceed with this error? Also in   components>virtuemart-aio there is another button called Update VM plugin tables. Should I try this first?

EDIT: Joomla version 2.5.11

PRO

tzic

thats a long way to upgrade with 1 click.

I would go half & half.

do this on a test domain.

go to .10  & then .20

&&

It's best to just download the installer & try it.

I never upgrade with the backend button

jenkinhill

For most people the safest way to update their VM version is by using Joomla's extensions manager. The Akeeba autoupdater does not always work on shared servers, probably due to speed or permissions issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tzic

Thank you both for the replies. I updated and everything works perfectly except one thing. If a product has 2 or more children products instead of "add to card" button I get a "Choose a product variant first" button. If I choose a product from the dropdown menu the page automatically refreshes and the "add to cart" button appears. I could live with that but the problem is that you can choose all product except the first one. So in order to add to cart the first product (of the list) you have to refresh the page.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I post it to another subforum?

Regards,

tzic

PS: Example:   http://www.ahealthcare.gr/eshop/%CF%80%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%84%CE%B1/%CE%B5%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%B8%CE%B5%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1-hartmann/%CE%B5%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%B8%CE%B5%CE%BC%CE%B1-permafoam-round-6cm-detail