News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

ProductXport - FREE! product feed generator FOR ALL comparators and aggregators

Started by Linelab, June 20, 2013, 14:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linelab

ProductXport - Free product feed generator for Virtuemart 1.1 and 2.0

Would you like to have more customers coming from product aggregators and price comparators like Google, Shopping.com, Shopzilla.com, PriceGrabber.com, Kelkoo etc...

Then you need our component productXport, which serves you exactly this functionality. Excellent Free product feed generator for VirtueMart. Raise your sales!
Current version 3.1.6 ProductXport is compatible with VirtueMart 1.1.x and Virtuemart 2.x

Features:

Export all product from VirtueMart (all or published only)
    Export all of the products or in stock only
    Posiibility to export only products with price > 0
    Possibility to add new servers (price comparators) in administration or modify already installed
    Server access logs
    Special features
    and many more....

How does it work

First of all we have to say, what the component productXport is good for.

Let us say, there is some product aggregator / price comparator (i.e. Google product search but it might be any other server), and you want to offer your products through this site.

Then you need to export products from your e-shop (VirtueMart) in proper format, which can be used for this purpose. This is the  reason, why productXport is here.

You need to export products for some other reason (for your B2B customers or other). It is possible to use productXport even for that.

So, go through the way, how to use productXport with predefined servers:

Download latest version of component productXport and install it as common component into Joomla! (1.5.X or 2.5.X)
    Go to the administration of the component.
    Select "Global setting". Select the component of your e-shop and click on "Default" to activate this extension.
    Click on the selected component title (i.e. VirtueMart 1.1 or Virtuemart 2) to set the details of export.

Go trough the setting and change anything, if you need to.
    Go to the "Server manager"
    Click on the name of requested server. If your server is not listed, just click to new icon and create your own export.

Most important part of the page is at the top - named "Export URL". There are 2 (or 3 if allowed) variants of URL. Copy this URL to your browser and you can see if data are shown. If so, this is the right URL for export.
    Now - go to your requested server (product aggregator / price comparator), log on (we suppose, you have the account already) and in the administration of this server put the URL from component productXport

Thats all.  ;)

Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Download: http://productxport.linelab.org/en/?virtuemart_currency_id=47

Linelab

Updated: Fixed small bug in language file.
Extra feature: "extended fields"

Extended fields means:

EAN/UPC code on the product (recommended for google shopping)
    Preferred products (usable in some servers)
    Alternative name of the product to export

Go to Admin Joomla > ProductXport > Global configuration > and set Yes for Extended fields.
Extended fields will be displayed in the product (administration)  when you hover your mouse over the ProductXport icon.

VirtueMart 1.1

VirtueMart 2.0 

bogusj

Thanks for this. Looking forward to your commercial version. I will rate it soon at JED.

luciana

Dear VirtueArtcz,
after reading this topic I installed the module because I need to create feeds for different aggregators and I thought it wasn't possible that business owners would do it manually.
The installation was successful and I set up the server for the italian aggregator shopmania.it but the data file did not contain any data except the titles of each field, what should I do?
I hope you can help me.
Thank you,
Luciana

DavidZ

Hi, can you send here the URL of exportm where can I see that? Or if it is not possible, can you send here the example of the (wrong) output result?

MokrOus

haralake

Hi. I try to configure your component for use with the greek comparator Skroutz.gr. But the problem is that skroutz.gr uses "Availability field" as required field. How can i make this work with skroutz.gr?

Thank you.

DavidZ

Hi, can you post here an example, how exactly do you need the format of that "Availability field"?

I would expect something like that:
<availability>now</availability>

If so, it is described here:
http://productxport.linelab.org/en/?virtuemart_currency_id=47

MokrOus

haralake

Quote from: mokrous on February 12, 2014, 14:40:35 PM
Hi, can you post here an example, how exactly do you need the format of that "Availability field"?

I would expect something like that:
<availability>now</availability>

If so, it is described here:
http://productxport.linelab.org/en/?virtuemart_currency_id=47

MokrOus
First i want to thank you for your support. I send you 2 xml attachments the skroutz.xml is the comparator xml example and ProductXport.xml is my exported xml. There are 3 problems, first problem as you can see comparator uses  <created_at> and <products> at the beginning of every xml, that is missing from ProductXport  xml. Second problem is that as you can see comparator uses <availability> field. I check advanced setting as you told me (see photo example) but i see no changes on exported xml, what am i missing? Third problem is that comparator as you can see uses a unique id on every category. (The reason is that this number helps identify each category regardless of denomination, dramatically reducing processing time in case of change of name).

Thank you.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

DavidZ

ad 1) I think the problem with created_at is not possible to solve vith current version.
You can modify the beginning of the export but only as static text ... and datetime is not static, I am writing this request to the wishlist.

ad 2) it should work. But I have to know your request - it seems the availability depends on to stock value. Can you send me your configuration file?
/components/com_productxport/exports/your_export/setting.xml

ad 3) it is possible but only with proffesional version and it is not much comfortable. It can be used, if you do not have so much categories ... it is necessary join new number to every current category - in PHP code. Everything in administration (no hack to current php files). If you buy proffesional version, I can help you (and also I could solve the first issue "created by").

MokrOus

haralake

Quote from: mokrous on February 12, 2014, 20:50:03 PM
ad 1) I think the problem with created_at is not possible to solve vith current version.
You can modify the beginning of the export but only as static text ... and datetime is not static, I am writing this request to the wishlist.

ad 2) it should work. But I have to know your request - it seems the availability depends on to stock value. Can you send me your configuration file?
/components/com_productxport/exports/your_export/setting.xml

ad 3) it is possible but only with proffesional version and it is not much comfortable. It can be used, if you do not have so much categories ... it is necessary join new number to every current category - in PHP code. Everything in administration (no hack to current php files). If you buy proffesional version, I can help you (and also I could solve the first issue "created by").

MokrOus
This is my setting.xml

haralake

And how can i put <products> before <product>? On skroutz.xml there is <products> field before <product>.

DavidZ

Setting of the beginning/end of file is shown in the attachment.
You have to add new filed in the field setting (second attachment)

Mokrous

Typhoon365

1) Is it possible to protect the export url with a username/password for each server configuration ?      Google Merchant centre supports authentication by username/password for it's product feeds.   Would be nice to have this, to protect just anyone retrieving the export file and getting a full dump of all our product information.

2) For extended user fields it's lot letting me save an ampersand "&" or &amp; as part of the contents of the value field.  After saving it disappears.   I want to use the extended user field to define the valie of the google category for g:google_product_category.   As categories in our shop don't match the predefined categories in google merchant centre, thus would like to define the value for this field.

Ventsi Genchev

Very good component. Congratulations to the creator.
There is more to be done on it. I reworked it a bit to fit my needs.

I have done the following:
1.) Every user must use a name, password and code (code corresponds to the name of the site that is used).
Code, name and password are related. Thus, users who use the xxxx.com can not open yyyy.com with his name and password.
I added and appropriate messages for each type of error. Missing username or password, and more.

2.) Can only show the products of a certain manufacturer or group of manufacturers that are written separated by commas. It does not matter if there are capital letters in names or spaces between commas.
Thus can choose an unlimited number of manufacturers, of which the user is interested. If in the order is not specified manufacturer, xml show only the products of a particular manufacturer chosen by me. (To avoid the load of the script.)
If it's written only one manufacturer and his name is wrong, a message is displayed that explains the error.

3.) I added the possibility to limit the number of products for a particular customer.

4.) To allow my users to see what XML I suggest, I added the possibility of the demo, limited to two products.

For later I left the development of filtering categories. Then users can choose specific categories or in combination with manufacturers will filter exactly what interests them.
Also I need to add a page break in the history of downloading.
Audio Store:
https://vsystem.bg - Bulgarian language
https://vsystem.bg/en - English