How do I set up prices so they show discounts like: Price Was: Now: Savings: ?

Started by George Guebelli, June 05, 2013, 19:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Guebelli

Hello,

I am using Joomla 2.5 / VM 2.0.20b Template JA Hawkstore.

Can someone tell me how to set up my prices so that I can show a Was Price that is crossed out, then Now price, and You Saved: X.XX for any product that I want to discount from original price?

Or send me to a module or plugin that is available to do this,

Thanks
George Guebelli

Milbo

This is a template question. There is a price called "Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts". This is the one you wanna display crossed out. The rest is CSS.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

George Guebelli

Thanks for your assistance, but I just cannot find the calculation for this as you recommend in my version of Virtuemart. I attached image of my Tax and Calculation Rules page.

Am I missing something or going to the wrong page?

Please advise and if possible give me an example of how I would set all this up including the CSS.

Thanks.
George Guebelli

George Guebelli

Here is the image I referenced in the last reply

[attachment cleanup by admin]
George Guebelli

Milbo

This is the calculation rules section. Use here Price modifiere before or after tax, according to your tax system. Then go to the general vm config. You can overwrite the price display also per shoppergroup.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

George Guebelli

Thanks for your help so far. I was able to set up the prices now, but I cannot see the Base Price. Only can see the Sale price and the discount. I need it to show the Base Price before discount.

I attached image file of my settings.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
George Guebelli