safe path error for for vmfiles in Godaddy - SOLVED - for virtuemart VM joomla

Started by altafali, April 30, 2013, 02:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altafali

for GODADDY users. SOLVED   I finally figure it out after calling godaddy.  Virtuemart is possible on shared server.  you dont have to go outside the root. here is what you have to do.
Copy the address/folder the error message is suggesting you, Read the end line of the message.
again...this is my sample , dont copy this one.  Copy the address you have in the end of your error message.

MOST important: add the word HTML before the vmfiles.  that was the mistake I was doing. I was copying the address suggested by VM error message ,but did not add HTML.

/home/content/21/1354321/html/vmfiles/

ALSO: I created my vmfiles folder on the root using the godaddy ftp access/ or filezilla. maybe you dont have to do it. But I created the folder first and then put the address in VM configuration. it worked after trying crazy for two months.

jjk

Quote from: altafali on April 30, 2013, 02:28:10 AM
/home/content/21/1354321/html/vmfiles/

You can see the absolute path on your server also in Joomla 'Global Configuration > System > Path to Log Folder' or 'Global Configuration > Server >  Server Settings
Path to Temp Folder'  and in 'System Information > Configuration File' tab, if you scroll down to log_path and tmp_path.

Quote...after trying crazy for two months.
You could have asked for help in this forum earlier  ;)

Concerning GoDaddy - It might work, but in many cases it's not a good idea, because they often host several thousand domains on the same shared server. A good hoster would limit the number of domains hosted on a shared server to something like 50 or maybe 100 if they operate very fast multi-cpu servers. If you want to know how many neighbours you have on your server, you could type your domain i.e. into this webservice: http://www.domaintools.com/
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations