News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[Solved] Virtuemart Products Module - Auto-Detect Flypage Category?

Started by ironlion37, April 24, 2013, 20:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironlion37

Hi,

I need to publish the VM products module to the product flypage (will use metamod for this), and then alter the products module itself to auto-detect the category of the flypage and then display additional products from that category.

Another words, I need the products module to display additional products from the same category as the product being viewed. It's a really standard function in ecommerce sites, but Virtuemart can't do it out of the box unfortunately. (Unless I'm wrong?)

It is possible to set related categories on a per product basis, but the site I'm working on has thousands of products and each one is unique (a stock inventory of 1). So I need a way to automatically associate products and this is the best idea I can think of.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

ironlion37

If you need, like I did, to create an "Other products you might be interested in" module for virtuemart where the module shows more products from the same category of the product the user is viewing, here's the solution courtesy of metamod guy (brilliant):

Virtuemart: Show related products by category on flypage
http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=1274

greaves

isn't it possible to modify the related category module in a way that it display products and not just a link ?