Why are price settings reseted when you delete second price of a product?

Started by borro, April 22, 2013, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borro

Hello.

source data: Joomla 2.5.9, Virtuemart 2.0.18a with demo products, PHP 5.3.8, MYSQL 5.5.16

You have two prices for your product: e.g. 1st price which was entered the first - 20 euro for unspecified shoppergroup and  25 euro for "-anonymous-" shopper group.
If you then delete the price with unspecified shoppergroup in product card and hit Save at the top I'll see that remained price now have unspecified shoppergroup, you'll see initial "Please select" phrase instead. And the type of a currency will be also reseted to the first currency from the drop down list (Afghan afghani in my case)

Is it a bug?

Thank you
Wish you happiness!

Milbo

Interesting error, but be aware that you misconfigure vm2 this way. When you want that the price counts for all, then just enter no shoppergroup.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

borro

I'll give a more precise definition: if the higher price has unspecified shopper group and the lower has specified shopper group so after deletion of higher price and saving residuary price(lower price) having unspecified shopper group. But if higher price has shoppergroup and lower not, so after deletion of lower price higher remains with specified shoppergroup
???
Wish you happiness!

John2400

Hi borro,

You will need to put up an image of the product settings on that individual product and I bet someone will know what the issue is. 
I read your definition about 10 times and wonder what you did?

borro

Quote from: John2400 on April 22, 2013, 13:23:05 PM
Hi borro,

You will need to put up an image of the product settings on that individual product and I bet someone will know what the issue is. 
I read your definition about 10 times and wonder what you did?
thank you for your attempts an sorry for my english :)
OK. here are snapshots at the bottom.
And as i understand no matter what currencies are used. All depends on absolute value of a price.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Wish you happiness!

borro

Now I can give more precise definition of the problem:
If you have two prices and delete highest from them with clicking Save, the lowest price resets its settings(shopper group, currency(if you have a few currencies))
Wish you happiness!

John2400

borro.

hi - just so you know I have not forgotten you. I set two currencies, tested groups, setting , prices, two and three types of goods, 10 different prices?

i cannot repeat your problem? - I could seta price for one currency, and then another, delete the lowest and the highest and nothing affected the good. I did swap them around set one first and then the next and so on.

maybe it is a tax issue - Maybe someone else could have a go but ??  I'll keep an eye out and see if others have an issue. 

Sorry I could not help