Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to downgrade from 2.0.20 to 2.0.10

Started by t_yannis, April 04, 2013, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_yannis

Hi,
I am a new VM user and I need some help. How to downgrade from 2.0.20 to 2.0.10
I have a serious problem with the price, I can't show the price in any of my products in joomla, gk_esports and VM 2.0.20
Someone told me to downgrade the VM and check again...
Please help me
Yannis

jenkinhill

That is a stupid solution you have been given. First you should check that the template overrides are compatible with VM2.0.20b and modify them if necessary. Prices not displaying is ussually a configuration issue due to incorrect use of shopper groups. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112675.msg379045#msg379045

To go back to an old version you could unpack both VM component pachkages locally and ftp the files over the old ones, or use Joomla's extensions installer to install the ols packages. But it is possible you could screw the database, so try this on a backup, not on a live site. When you go back to an old version your site security could be compromised and you will have all the bugs that were present in older versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

t68

I also need to downgrade to 2.0.10 since the payment module I want to use isn´t compatible with 2.0.20.
Luckily I only got a test shop running so I don´t have to preserve products, orders and so on. So what Is the best way to revert to a clean 2.0.10 install?