News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

guest can't see add to cart

Started by stangmyster, April 02, 2013, 02:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stangmyster

I have two sites with same issue.  My guests can't see the add to cart button.  When logged in, the add to cart appears fine.  For now, I've added a line indicating that they must register to see the shopping cart.  NOT good for business.  Please help.  Here's the link.

http://www.autoshowgatineau.com/index.php/registration/masc-idol-registration-detail

Thanks ahead for your help.

remeedella

not quoting but I believe that's how it's meant to be..?

Je pense quand tu mi 'required registration to checkout' and by default users logged out cannot see prices and/or add to cart button alors il faut inscrire ou sign in.

jenkinhill

That is not the normal fiunction - In Configuration/Checkout "Only registered users can checkout " should not be selected. In addition there must be a price for the product for add to cart to show - even if it is 0.001
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stangmyster

My price is set at 20$ and both check boxes are unchecked for registered users only.  Please see attachment.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

remeedella

est-ce que je peux voir le front-end (privee) ? Je peux essayer de regarder pour un probleme.

jenkinhill

I could not see prices in the products. So if you have assigned prices and checkout is enabled then the next likely issue is with shopper groups. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112675.msg379045#msg379045
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stangmyster

Here's one of my products.  You'll notice that the price is there and set to 'Please Select'.

jenkinhill

Not correct. The products is set for the shopper groups anonymous and default.  The price is set for default. These selectors should show - Select some Options - or - Please Select

In most stores there is no need to use shopper groups.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

stangmyster

Wow!  Sometimes the answer is too easy!  Thanks a million.  This is a huge problem solver for me. 

Solved and here's the Solution:
Remove any reference to groups

Thanks to the patience and knowledge of jenkinhill