News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Account Registration Errors

Started by cesora, February 28, 2013, 21:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cesora

Hello,

This is the template I'm using. http://demo.joomla-monster.com/166-dj-promedical-store (the only thing I changed upon uploading it to my server was to update to the latest Joomla version)

Running a test registration on my site, I'm running into some problems. After signing up, the user (me) is told there will be a confirmation email. The weird part is, once they hit register, it logs them (me) in already.

I check the email and click on the activation link. It only takes me to the home page so the registration is never completed. The user is still blocked. However, when I hover my mouse over the confirmation link in my email, I see the actual destination url it wants me to go to. I can even copy it. It's just when I click on it that it simply takes me to the home page.

If I just try to log in manually, I get "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet."

I never actually liked the idea of a user having to go through the confirmation email process, so is there a way just to completely remove that process, so once they hit "register", they will automatically be registered, without going through any email confirmation?

Or at the very least, is there a way just to fix the current registration problem with the confirmation email, so it works properly?

thanks.

jenkinhill

Is a simple Joomla setting. In the user manager / options set "New User Account Activation" to none. Then there is no time wasting/shopper put off need to confirm registration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cesora