News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not able to translate "Confirmed by shopper" and the title !

Started by ovcharoff, February 26, 2013, 18:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovcharoff

Hello,

I'm trying to translate "Confirmed by shopper" in Bulgarian. I use this, but nothing happens:

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER="Translation Goes Here"

Also in the order confirmed email (mail_html_header.php) and in other places around the website it would not translate the title - Mr, Mrs and so one, even though I've them translated here:

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MISS="Г-ца"
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MR="Г-н"
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MRS="Г-жа"

Thank you !

jjk

Quote from: ovcharoff on February 26, 2013, 18:25:41 PM
I'm trying to translate "Confirmed by shopper" in Bulgarian. I use this, but nothing happens:
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER="Translation Goes Here"

This line should be in both, the frontend and the backend bg-BG.com_virtuemart.ini files. I suppose it is missing in one of them.

QuoteAlso in the order confirmed email (mail_html_header.php) and in other places around the website it would not translate the title - Mr, Mrs and so one, even though I've them translated here:
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MISS="Г-ца"
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MR="Г-н"
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_TITLE_MRS="Г-жа"

Go to VM 'Configuration > Shopper Fields > Title' and enter the keys like in the image attached below. Afterwards add your keys/strings to the en-GB and bg-BG language file override files in the folder yourdomain\language\overrides. You may also use the Joomla 'Extensions > Language Manager > Overrides' to add these lines to your language overrides.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ovcharoff

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I did both things as you suggested. Added the missing line in admin overrides, also changed in shopper fields the title and then added those lines to both languages overrides, but no success at all.
I've manually translated those fields beofre and got them working for the registration, but not for the email and other things, so I guess it's not there the problem.

Don't know that to do.

The url to the website is:

http://web-creativity.net/phytolek.com/

Thank you for your help !

ovcharoff

I even have them duplicated now in the account maintenance. I guess we should be looking elsewhere since I've put the translations directly in the title shopper fields field ant they were working ok for account maintenance, but not for the other parts (email, etc).
Any ideas ?

jjk

Yesterday I found that it doesn't work for the emails on my site, too. But I didn't figure out yet why. My temporary solution is to unpublish the salutation (Title) field in the forms. Customers won't complain if that field is not present.

It looks like the custom key of for example:
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_TITLE_MRS="Mrs."
becomes truncated after 32 characters, even though the default table settings for this in the _virtuemart_userfields table appears to be set (during installation) to maxlength 0 and size 0.

I changed the maxlength and size manually in the table, but I still don't get the string into the vendor and customer emails, despite being in the FE and BE override language files.

ovcharoff

Any progress on the issue ? I've a deadline and lot's of things yet not ready like this one.
What is happening to VM ?

Please provide support !

Thank you !

jjk

Quote from: ovcharoff on March 19, 2013, 07:58:34 AM
Any progress on the issue ?Thank you !

It's not yet completely solved (not on top of the long ToDo list) I placed an example in the tutorials here: http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/36-multilingual-store/105-using-language-keys-in-form-fields.html
However, as far as I know there are still two issues. The first one is that the 'title' variable in the relevant database tables is set to maxlength 32 characters, so it happens that the key entered in the shopper form field configuration becomes truncated. You can change that using phpMyAdmin to i.e. 64 characters, but it seems that the updater/installer overwrites that again with 32 when the tables are updated.
Tables are: _virtuemart_userinfos and _virtuemart_userfields.

I can get it to work with the exception that the custom key for the translation still shows up in the email header. It's working in the email address. See screenshot.
Since I'm an amateur and you are an professional, you might be able to figure out which piece of code is missing in the email header.  ;)
I guess it's this file that needs a fix: ...\components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\mail_html_header.php

However, my own solution still is to unpublish the title dropdown selection in the cart and the invoice. This works  :)

ovcharoff

Hello,

I did try with COM_VIRTUEMART_NEW_MR and so one, working in the account maintenance, but still not in the email. Maybe email is not detecting the language for those strings ?
Did you mean to attach a screenshot ?

What about "Confirmed by shopper" and the other status fields ? Are they translatable, still no success there as well :(

Thank you !

jjk

Quote from: ovcharoff on March 21, 2013, 09:56:45 AM
Did you mean to attach a screenshot ?

Sorry, forgot to attach the screenshot. Here it is:

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ovcharoff

Well I finally just unpublished them, as well as "sort by date" which I cannot get to work due to some strange sef url problem.
I look forward to see those problem fixed.

Thank you !

dorex

PHP 5.2.17 - Joomla 2.5.8 - Virtuemart 2.0.16

cobra-be

hello to all
i got the same problem.

in the storefront i got the german translation the right way with: Herr and Frau (Mister and Miss).
i changed that in the backend under configuration/customerfields/titel

But i still got somes issues with some translations in the backend and in cinfirmationmails and so on. like: Confirmed by shopper. All dropdown values don't get translated.

i hope, that get fixed soon.
thank you very mutch.

System:
New Setup, all up to date. Everywhere the latest Versions.