News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Sales Tax Showing by default in cart

Started by opwdecks, February 26, 2013, 00:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opwdecks

Hello,

I charge sales tax just for Michigan yet when a customers enters a product into the cart it shows sales tax for everyone until they edit their info during checkout to a state other then Michigan.

Is there a way to prevent the tax from showing in the cart prior to entering checkout?

Joomla 2.5.7
VM 2.0.18a
Scott Paul

jenkinhill

In the tax/calculation settings enter the Country/State for the rule and also apply the rule to the default (logged in) shopper group.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

opwdecks

Scott Paul

opwdecks

I have another issue now.

If the customer checks out as a guest and they live in Michigan, tax is not added even after they enter their billing info.

Any ideas!
Scott Paul

jenkinhill

I think that guests are not really registering within Joomla so they do not get assigned to a shopper group. Probably best not to allow guest reg with your tax requirement.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

opwdecks

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 27, 2013, 10:39:29 AM
I think that guests are not really registering within Joomla so they do not get assigned to a shopper group. Probably best not to allow guest reg with your tax requirement.
Not having checkout as guest would cost me a substantial amount of sales. Never had this issue with VM 1.1.9.

Makes no sense at all that tax would not be collected for guests who reside in a state that has a tax code assigned.
Scott Paul